Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Pomeroy
United States
Chester Springs
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I discovered a thoroughly hidden but otherwise excellent little boardgame shop on the outskirts of West Chester called "The Games Keep" located at 9 Five Points Road (upstairs and back).

My 9yo daughter's birthday is coming very soon, and I discovered yesterday that she really-really wanted a Fistfull of Dragonstones for her birthday (that's what happens when you leave the Days of Wonder catalogue lying around). I usually mail order through Boulder Games, but my window was a bit tight (and I'm too tight to want to pay for expedited shipping), so I hit the dealer finder on the manufacturer's website and up comes this shop in West Chester. I had never heard of them, but hey, its only 15 minutes from my house - I can do that!

The short and skinny: Hidden Gem. The proprietor, Carl(??? - sorry, I truly suck with names), was very friendly and knowledgable (an excellent trait for separating customers from their money). Despite the lack of square footage I'd say nearly every title in the Hot Games column to your left (minus the top item (not that there's anything wrong with that ) ) and plenty more were on orderly display. Prices generally seemed to be list less 5-%.

If you're a local you owe it to yourself to check it out, but do yourself a favor and call for directions (484)905-5533.

I hereby do solemnly swear on my beloved and well worn copy of Up Front that this is a totally unsolicited plug and that my sole affiliation with The Games Keep is the 80 bucks (as if I had the willpower to just get my daughter a present and leave) I dropped there this afternoon.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.