Subject: Everything else fail, everything but citadels... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan Estrada
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
my group really liked it, now i need more games like this one, any ideas guys?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles Pritchard
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a look at a few other Faidutti games like:
Castle
Fist of Dragonstones
Mission: Red Planet

Fairy Tale is another excellent game I would recommend to anyone! Easy to learn, quick and quite deep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play with the same crow all the time....and you have 4 players, Fist of Dragonstones is awesome.

It's not so good for the occasional gamer, because half the time they don't know what's going on, and - just like Poker - the better you get to know how the other players play, the better the game will be.

Red Planet is not out in the US yet. Rules are short and simple...I am waiting for that one.

-Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Brigham City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game that feels most like Citadels to me is Meuterer. It gives me that same feeling I get from a game of Citadels, but more controlled. You still have role selections, but you are trading goods at different islands to make the most money, not building districts. It's only in German, but you don't need to know any to play it. The rules are here on the Geek in English. But it's only good for 3 or 4 players, best with 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Giaquinto
United States
Norwood
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you group likes citadels I might suggest Boomtown. I know it's a bit different but there is a similiar counting sytems for winning. I pretty sure this will fit in rather nicely.

~Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anoni mouse
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have to ask is your group only into playing card games or will they play board games as well?

Played a small game this weekend called Intrige. Sounds like it might be one your group might like as a filler.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruno Faidutti (the designer of "Citadels") has a website. On it he has a portion of the Citadels page you might find useful: http://www.faidutti.com/index.php?Module=mesjeux&id=328

If you scroll down, you'll find a "You'll like it if you like..." section. I would assume that the same could be said in reverse to a certain extent. As such that would be a good starting point. Cosimic Encounter suprised me, but it makes sense. Similar time frame (about an hour), unique abilities, and very psychological.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I'm surprised no one has suggested Dragon's Gold. All the Bruno + negotiation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Estrada
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
I'll have to say that i own coloretto, bohnanza. They didnt' like the first one, the second one was a pretty sad(almost everyone was cheating), and then Citadels came.

They love the theme, the characters, the mechanic and the category, and is quite nice with 5 or maybe 6 players. Now they want something like this but a bit deeper and with tons of theme.
Board + cards = ok

this is what i have righ now, i'm not sure yet:

castle
fist of gragons
fairy tale
meuterer
dragon's gold
cosmic encounters (to much star wars theme for my group)

Thanks guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
-
flag msg tools
I think castle is a good follow up. It has been designed together with citadels. It's a card laying game though, not a divination game. Fist of dragonstones is announced as citadels successor, but it's an auction game and has imo little in common with citadels.

If you like strategic card games, you might like condottiere or iliade.

Is Castle still being produced? Where can I get it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Lantz
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mission: Red Planet, definitely! Same author as Citadels, and has a similiar role choosing mechanism. But I like it better than Citadels!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Lartigue
United States
Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mission: Red Planet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
So what have you tried that didn't work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.