Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So what happens when one player has placed all of his or her firefighters, the other hasn't, and a few tiles remain? The game's not over, of course, but does the player who still has firefighters get to place them with each addition of a tile or is there still turn-taking that would limit the placement of firefighters to every other turn (i.e. player without firefighters lays tile, has nothing to place, end of turn; player w/firefighters remaining lays tile and places, etc.)? We had a game yesterday where whether or not we could win came down to that issue. We chose to declare ourselves defeated (it was only our second game, but we were intrigued to find a different way to lose, LOL!), but wondered what the rules were/should be in this situation.

On the one hand, because this is a cooperative game (and because in the solitaire version this issue wouldn't arise -- any color would be placeable on any turn until the end of the game), it seems as if firefighters of whatever color should be placeable in each of the remaining turns. On the other hand, colors have been distributed among players and that provides a certain kind of challenge even in earlier turns, so why suspend that restriction at the end?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heinrich Glumpler
Germany
Koeln
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
According to the rules a player will place a tile only if she has no pawns left - this does in no way hinder other players to place their pawns in their turn.

In the competitive version this is an intentionally designed balance issue - you *could* save your pawns for the end game, but this is not effective in all situations since in most cases there aren't a lot of spots left to place pawns in the end.

You are right about the distribution of colors in the cooperative play. It is indeed challenging especially in the four-player-game since all colors have to be placed in strict order (or not be placed at all).

This challenge is not so high in the two player game.

On the other side - a lot of variants are possible to use in Feurio! and if you indeed found one which suits your taste I would be happy if this increases your joy playing my game :-)

Best Regards
Heinrich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Sounds as if we played it according to the rules then. I like the idea that the cooperative game gets progressively harder when more players (brains!) are involved.

My 8 year-old daughter enjoys cooperative games and, while it took a bit of cajoling to get her to try this one for the first time, she demanded 2 instant replays!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.