Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Monterroso
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
If you are not having fun, then you are missing the point.
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone else has arrived by now, so after some playtime with Baby Jessica, we split up for the next round of games. A few people finally feel pity for me and help me get our Princes Of Florence for the first time. I had only been begging since Christmas, so that's actually pretty good. Barb, Eric, and Erin join me in the kitchen while everyone else tries to figure out what what they want to play. They decide on Things..., at which point Jon runs away as fast as possible and joins the rest of us in Florence. We are all Florence virgins at this point. Yvonne and I were in the city in 2001. We even got to stay in a little apartment accross the street from the famous Duomo. No Princes, though. Today, the five of us are in charge of assembling our little portion of the city. We start by fighting over a builder and the jester. Barb outbids everyone for the builder, and I pick up the jester. Everyone else gets cheap city improments. Having no idea what to do at this point, we start kind of randomly buying buildings and picking up anything that makes some sort of sense. Not very many works are getting finished - only Eric has figured out how to get enough work value for the current round. A few rounds later, and most of us have figured out what's going on. Erin has dug herself a deep hole, with some mismatched professions. Jon is just now building up towards his big point prestige bonus. Christian is going hard after builders and jesters. Barb and Eric start a price war over jesters. Around the 4th round, we all figure out just how useful the bonus cards can be and start buying them as if they were Tickle Me Elmos. Eric is still the only one getting his works finished steadily. I take a big lead, thanks to to a big builder party at my piazza. But that's not quite enough to keep Eric at bay. His city scape kept on inspiring the professionals and they produced huge works. The last round ended with Eric 3 points in the lead. I think that I actually managed to (eventually) get all the rules right for this game. I messed up two things, but we caught them early on in the game that we incorporated them with little ill effect. Yay me.

Princes Of Florence - Christian, Jon, Erin, Barb, Eric - (Eric)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
was it fun?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Monterroso
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
If you are not having fun, then you are missing the point.
mbmbmbmbmb
darlok wrote:
was it fun?

Absolutely. It was fun to try and figure out what purchases would be best for now and for the long term. It was fun assembling the buildings around Palazzo Bruno. It was fun watching the bidding wars for jesters. It was even fun not winning.

In short. Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.