Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
CANUCKS AMUCK

Canucks Amuck is a Toronto/GTA-based wargaming group which meets once a month on the fourth Saturday. Our focus is wargames, but we also have no problem with people occasionally bringing out Euros, miniature games, or CCGs - we just want to get people gaming and having fun!

Our players have a variety of experience levels ranging from absolute beginners to die-hard grognards. We maintain a friendly atmosphere - we try to avoid rules lawyers or excessively competitive play. Getting together to play games and have a good time is our main goal; if we learn a little about history at the same time, it's even better.

Our website, with a discussion board, file section and opt-in mailing lists, can be found at the Canucks Amuck home page: http://wargames.meetup.com/78/.

Games that have been on the tables for our meet-ups (just in the past 12 meetings):

A House Divided, Achtung Spitfire!, Advanced Squad Leader, Advanced Tobruk, Age of Napoleon, Assault on Hoth, Axis and Allies: D-Day, Battle Cry, Battlelines, Brawling Battleships, Carthage, Conquest of Empire, Crusader Rex, Descent, Down in Flames Series, Federation Commander, Firepower, Grand Illusion, Medieval, Memoir '44, Midway, Paths of Glory, Robo Rally, Shadows over Camelot, Shogun, Starfleet Battles, Twilight Imperium, Victoria Cross, War of the Ring, Whistling Death, Wings of War Series, Zombies!!! ...and many more.

For more information on our next upcoming event, please see our events postings: http://wargames.meetup.com/78/events/.

Join us for our next meet-up. There's no membership fee and no "registration" of any sort is required to attend.

Canucks Amuck has good ties with Toronto's biggest boardgaming group, TABS, and many of our members attend get-togethers for both groups.

If you have wargames that have been sitting gathering dust in your closet for far too long, or even if you've never played a wargame in your life, Canucks Amuck is a great opportunity to come out and play.

Kozure
Canucks Amuck Organizer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Borges
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had the pleasure to be able to attend all but the first Canucks Amuck meetups, and for the past year I have been introduced to more games and gamers than I would ever have guessed I could.
Before CA Risk, Shogun (Samurai Swords) and Axis & Allies were the extent of my wargaming experience, plus the usual family and abstract games you can find at Toys R Us, etc. But since then I have learned dozens of games (exact number to be figured out ASAP), from older titles to the newest releases, and my own game collection has jumped from a handful to a few dozen plus.
More importantly, though, I have met some fantastic local gamers who I have befriended and now game with on a regular basis.
If not for CA and the people I've met through it (including the TABS group), I would still be playing Scrabble and Travel Crocodile Dentist with my girlfriend, and waiting for my old high school buddies to come from their respective universities to play Shogun or Risk.

Thanks Christopher, thanks CA: I wouldn't have spent all that time and money without you shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul McConkey
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, as probably the newest member, i have to say these guys made me feel very welcome last month.
central location and a friendly bunch of guys with a wide range of gaming interests - i'll be back for more.

cheers
Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zom Bee
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great group - highly recomend you attend one. Especially if you are a wargame fan. Other stuff does hit the table here, too, so don't be afraid to come out even if you are a "light" wargamer like myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.