Popular Tags: [View All]
John G
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was only our third time playing A Game of Thrones. It was a four player game without the expansion.

In a four player game it has been my belief that Lannister is the strongest house and Tyrell is weakest (as always). I drew Tyrell - it was going to be a long night.

Baratheon agreed not to attack me and we allied to push northward. Unfortunately that resulted in Stark and Lannister forming an alliance against us. Lannister quickly took most of the Greyjoy territory other than Seagard, which Stark took.

Lannister held most of the power from the first Clash of Kings onward. He held the Iron Throne and the Raven. However, he had pushed northward so quickly to overtake the Greyjoy areas that after taking Sunspear Tyrell was able to push northward and take Lannisport. That turned out to be a bad decision. Since Lannister held the Iron Throne and on the next turn the Wildlings attacked and beat us, Tyrell was forced to lose four units. Then Lannister gathered most of his units and repelled the Tyrell forces from Lannisport, using his largest captain which not only defeated the Tyrell knight, but took him as a casualty. Tyrell never recovered.

However, with Lannister's focus on Tyrell, his ally Stark had quietly amassed power in six locations and needed only one more when Lannister realized his folly. All three players tried to rally in turn 6 to take a city from Stark, but he was able to capture River Run from Lannister by bringing in two knights supported by two footmen and using his captain that makes each knight worth three instead of two.

His victory was our stupidity. If Lannister would have supported from Goldroad he would have won and Tyrell was positioned to take Flint's Finger on the next turn. The game would have returned to some parity and would probably have gone to ten rounds. As it was we got to bed early. Well played, Stark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.