Subject: Two close games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a busy day, and some of us were a little tired. But the kids wanted to play a game. We thought about Master Labyrinth, but it would be too much of a brain-burner, and our 5-year-old daughter would have trouble with it. She wanted Sleeping Queens, but our son didn’t want that.

Finally, we decided on Charades for Kids. It’s fun for adults, too, and our daughter could pick cards with pictures. We decided on two teams for the first game - my wife and son (9YO) versus me and my daughter. Our daughter had a blast acting like a kangaroo, and my son acted out a train. We let the kids do most of the charades. I got “walking on the moon,” which was pretty abstract. I walked slowly with exaggerated moves. It took them a while to get it, but my son finally did. Because of the scoring, where the guessing team gets 2 spaces, while the charade team gets 1 space, we ended up tying. We realized this about halfway thru the game. This game can’t be played with two players of two teams – they’ll be a tie every time.

In the second game, we all played against each other. It was cool that my daughter decided to play by herself. She’s getting more confident making her own decisions and moves. I kept getting really abstract ideas to act out – rain, snow. We had several All Play turns, where everybody guesses at the same time. My son did a great job at beating everybody in those. It was a close finish between him and my wife. He acted out a racecar, which she guessed correctly. She moved two spaces to the next-to-last space. But he was already there, and moved one space for the win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.