Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Silvio Mendes
Portugal
Leiria
Leiria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Shin Yoo told me that there's a good chance that these guys are out of business.

ntrolls wrote:
Hi,

I checked with my friend back in Korea(I'm living in London right now), and he says he could not contact the company(he works in the gaming industry). Their web site is down, too.

There's a good chance that they are out of business. I will keep you posted if anything new comes up. Sorry that I wasn't much of help

Regards,
Shin Yoo

There is another RTK game around, produced by dagoy games. There is a german version planned "die drei reich", and i think that there will also be an english version somewhere in 2006.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
NOOOOOOOOO! I WANTED AN ENGLISH VERSION OF THIS pp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ccstg ccstg
msg tools
I can confirm that the website is indeed down, (www.r3k.co.kr) but I cannot confirm that they are out of business.

It is true, however, that many Korean websites that listed this product for sale (such as divedice and yes24.com) no longer have it listed. Most Korean reviews and blogs on the game are over a year old, near the launch of this game last January.(Check the blog at http://fungry.egloos.com/694055 if you can read Korean)

From the sheer rarity of the product and stores that carry them, it can be understood the game is no lnger in production. Korean stores, having pride in domestic products and knowing the appeal of Chinese history of this period among Koreans, would have been fully stocked with this game should there have been at least a semi-regular production.

This is not a clear indication of the company's dismantlement; they could be moving onto a different project. But it does seem likely the company has failed. One thing is clear: if there is very slim likelihood of finding a new box of this game in Korea, there is even a slimmer likelihood of an official English version to be launched by a company that cannot afford to or no longer desires to produce the original version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Mathews
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a sad thing because it looked great and I haven't been able to find a comparable game in terms of scope and strategy on this subject (yes, I know about the CCGs). I guess I'll take it off my want list now and keep my eye out to see if it ever surfaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bumb deal....I was looking forward to this one!soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.