Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marisue: 280
Dan: 270
Terence: 260

We finished up our gaming afternoon with a quick game of M.

M is my favorite abstract game, and I love it more every time I play it. This feeling seems to be shared with Dan. It just goes to show that a game doesn't have to have a lot of complicated rules in order to be interesting. M's full name (which roughly translates out to "Big fun with few rules") is as perfectly descriptive of a game as I've ever seen.

As always, there was a fair amount of strategic play in the game, as everyone tried to set up for stealing multiple disks and scoring rounds that would cause others to take tiles they didn't want, while trying to block others from doing the same.

For the first few rounds I was fairly screwed, holding tiles in colors and patterns that did not play well against what was happening on the board. I missed out on several opportunities to steal disks from others by not having the right tile, and was also forced to set up disk stealing situations for Marisue.

Finally things started to look up, and a few scoring rounds came up which allowed me to take multiple tiles that were good for me, while both Marisue and Dan had to take tiles that would cost them points.

In the end, the scores were very close, with a 10 point spread between everyone. I would like to point out though that even though I was last, i had only a single disk, the rest of them being stolen by Marisue (and some later stolen from her by Dan).

I think this is some small amount of retribution for the game of Railroad Tycoon earlier.

After the game, Dan had to go home, but he invited us over for dinner and more gaming, which we gladly took him up on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.