Popular Tags: [View All]
John Hart
United States
La Marque
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My question involves the union hall. Do you have to ship in order to recive the points that you recive from the union hall or do you recive the pts even if you don't ship anything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
But please don't call me Jerry.
badge
At one time, I didn't really like Power Grid so Ted made my piece a Power Grid piece.
mbmbmbmbmb
You get the points before you ship anything; what you ship does not matter.

So the answer to your question is yes, you receive points even if you do not ship anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holland
Canada
flag msg tools
texasjdl wrote:

So the answer to your question is yes, you receive points even if you do not ship anything.

So does everyone agree with this statement? My friends and I are debating it now! Lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
wtholland wrote:
texasjdl wrote:

So does everyone agree with this statement? My friends and I are debating it now! Lol

Absolutely. You get the points as soon as someone captains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holland
Canada
flag msg tools
she2 wrote:
wtholland wrote:
texasjdl wrote:

Thanks Sue!

So I won the game last night by a long shot - I combined the large warehouse with the union hall, and since the fools allowed me to claim 4 indigo and 6 corn (!), even though they kept screwing me in the shipping phase, I had accumulated 10 indigo and 8 corn - so I was still getting 9 VPs even without shipping. I argued that since the Union Hall says absolutely nothing about being used once (i.e. goods could be stored and then earn VPs again in the next shipping phase), or about shipping as a must, my friends had to lay off.

Anyone else have interpretations they could share??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
wtholland wrote:
she2 wrote:
wtholland wrote:
texasjdl wrote:

Thanks Sue!

So I won the game last night by a long shot - I combined the large warehouse with the union hall, and since the fools allowed me to claim 4 indigo and 6 corn (!), even though they kept screwing me in the shipping phase, I had accumulated 10 indigo and 8 corn - so I was still getting 9 VPs even without shipping. I argued that since the Union Hall says absolutely nothing about being used once (i.e. goods could be stored and then earn VPs again in the next shipping phase), or about shipping as a must, my friends had to lay off.

Sound right as long as you realized you still have to ship if you can. You can't just skip the captain phase completely to store goods. I'm assuming however that they were blocking the ships ahead of you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holland
Canada
flag msg tools
she2 wrote:
wtholland wrote:
she2 wrote:
wtholland wrote:
texasjdl wrote:

Thanks Sue!

Sound right as long as you realized you still have to ship if you can. You can't just skip the captain phase completely to store goods. I'm assuming however that they were blocking the ships ahead of you.

Yes, exactly - they were hoarding the ships with their sugar, coffee, and tobacco... so I was just storing and gaining the VPs from union hall... seems reasonable to me, but I was taking slack for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.