Subject: Heroscapetalk rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Richards
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Honestly this is Just talk about heroscape....

Your favorite charicters.
How much you own
How much you love it
New charicter ideas...
Basicly anything pretaining The # 1 Game on my list Heroscape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Argh! Spell-checker! I beg you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering there are hundreds of posts here nicely catagorized on these topics already, I don't think a free for all thread would really serve much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought this might be a podcast about Heroscape or something. This gives me an idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Richards
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
well with this one I decided to make a post to where we can talk about anything that deals with heroscape and stuff. Just general, like Ideas for new sets, what you think of the game, past expeiriences playing it etc...

I didn't mean to knock the order out of whak or anything.

So out of all the charicters, who do you think is the most valuable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
30° 12′ 38″ N, 95° 45′ 2″ W
flag msg tools
badge
You can't rob Peter, Paul and Mary to pay yourself.
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of the Master set, my two favorite are Drake and Carr.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Richards
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
How about all of them? Which ones are the most Valuable? Drake and carr are nice but I like Raylin and Mimring for its fire line!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brad: just in case you are very young in age or young in Internet posting, I'd invite you to spend more time at BGG. Or for that matter visit any sensible Internet forum at all to observe the common etiquette to posting. Free for all threads are not of much use here. Come on over to heroscapehq.com and you'll find more variety in HeroScape subjects to chat about. (That's in case there is not enough traffic here at BGG to quench your excitement for the game.)

Please just use the Search feature first unless your thread topic is original or insightful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devan Mellott
United States
Oregon City
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorites are the Omnicron Snipers. They are just too deadly on any map with hills. Charos would be my next favorite. I just picked up Sudema. She has potential.

I have 2 basic sets, at least 2 of almost all squads, 3 sets of Snipers/Vipers, Romans, Orcs, 4th Mass. line, Anubian Wolves, Minions of Utgar, Marro Drones and maybe a couple others, two Forests, two Lavas, and an extra 200+ hexes of terrain.

Considering I got my first master set less than 3 months ago and I have everything listed above... I think I like the game. laugh

I had an idea for a new military unit - the Spotter. He would probably have 0 or 1 attack dice in normal combat, but a couple times per game could call in an airstrike or artillery doing like a 4-5 dice explosion (damaging characters in 7 hexes).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Richards
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Megadev wrote:
My favorites are the Omnicron Snipers. They are just too deadly on any map with hills. Charos would be my next favorite. I just picked up Sudema. She has potential.

I have 2 basic sets, at least 2 of almost all squads, 3 sets of Snipers/Vipers, Romans, Orcs, 4th Mass. line, Anubian Wolves, Minions of Utgar, Marro Drones and maybe a couple others, two Forests, two Lavas, and an extra 200+ hexes of terrain.

Considering I got my first master set less than 3 months ago and I have everything listed above... I think I like the game. laugh

I had an idea for a new military unit - the Spotter. He would probably have 0 or 1 attack dice in normal combat, but a couple times per game could call in an airstrike or artillery doing like a 4-5 dice explosion (damaging characters in 7 hexes).

Thats a really cool idea I like it. I have bunches of ideas too. Like a dragon for Einar, an oriental one to fit the samurai motif.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Well, my favorite figure is Charos, because everytime I use him, I win. I devise strategys revolving around him, which I find very affective.
My second favorite is Krug, because I like to see my opponents face when he sees all of the dice in my hands. Once he suffers a counter attack from the samurai, he just gets stronger for his second attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Richards
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
zman44 wrote:
Well, my favorite figure is Charos, because everytime I use him, I win. I devise strategys revolving around him, which I find very affective.
My second favorite is Krug, because I like to see my opponents face when he sees all of the dice in my hands. Once he suffers a counter attack from the samurai, he just gets stronger for his second attack.

Me too! But I'm going to be different and say my 2nd is got to be the tagawa samurai! They rock!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Well, I couldn't have said tagawa samurai, even though they look cool, I don't even have their expansion yet!cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Richards
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
zman44 wrote:
Well, I couldn't have said tagawa samurai, even though they look cool, I don't even have their expansion yet!cry

Try E-bay. Thats were I got mine. They're all over E-bay!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Does anybody think that they should release a $5 set that includes Nerak and the Elite Oynx Vipers? First of all, Neraks on ebay mostly cost $20! Second, I don't want to buy another full master set just to get those guys. Alas, the heroscape virus has infected me, and I feel I must have them! Does anybody think it would be a good idea if hasbro launched this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dunno about a pack with those 2. I think the EOV's are pretty easy to get a hold of. There are still lots of Wal Marts with them in stock. I think Nerak should probably be released in a regular hero pack eventually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Richards
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
zman44 wrote:
Does anybody think that they should release a $5 set that includes Nerak and the Elite Oynx Vipers? First of all, Neraks on ebay mostly cost $20! Second, I don't want to buy another full master set just to get those guys. Alas, the heroscape virus has infected me, and I feel I must have them! Does anybody think it would be a good idea if hasbro launched this?

Hey look at it this way.... You can get a new master set and keep the land and sell the extra stuff on E-bay to get some money to buy more Heroscape. Good idea Right????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Actually, no, it wouldn't, because I would find it much easier to buy a $5 set that even includes Nerak then wasting $40 on something I don't even want. I don't care about extra terrain, I'm perfectly happy on what I have right now. I'm just saying, a $5 set that includes Nerak and the EOV would be the perfect expansion for people who don't want that extra master set, and people who don't want to waste over $20 on some repaint of the swog rider with different special abilities. I don't even have every expansion yet, and I'm not wasting $40 on another master set I don't even want just to get a little squad of black vipers. Things would be a lot easier if they could just sell a little $5 set. Just getting those four guys on ebay costs about $50. $50 or $5? You decide. That's just my thinking about about them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem is there are only a handful of people in the world that would want that expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Jormi_Boced wrote:
The problem is there are only a handful of people in the world that would want that expansion.

Yes, but this is supposed to be a kids game, right? Well, it would be pretty hard for kids to get those guys, so hasbro might launch it for the kids. What is unknown to them is that it is seemingly imposible for a kid to afford a game like heroscape. So, that gives me the perfect chance to get those guys easier. Do you get my thinking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I get your thinking, but pretty much everyone I know already has EOV, so they would not want to buy more of them. Also, I doubt Hasbro can even package them any other way, because it is a Wal Mart exclusive. I am sure there is a contract that prevents that. EOVs are still really easy for people to get. Just go to Wal Mart.

What Hasbro should do is either package Nerak in a future hero pack, or offer him on their Web site through some promotion. Like send 3 upc's and 4 bucks shipping and handling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Richards
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
zman44 wrote:
Jormi_Boced wrote:

Yes, but this is supposed to be a kids game, right? Well, it would be pretty hard for kids to get those guys, so hasbro might launch it for the kids. What is unknown to them is that it is seemingly imposible for a kid to afford a game like heroscape. So, that gives me the perfect chance to get those guys easier. Do you get my thinking?

Its not a kids game!!! It says 8 and up! We're the "and up"!

I mean we play it right? Are you saying we are juvinile????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
On the the comercials it shows ten year-olds playing. And that comercial is on Cartoon Network, a kids channel. Heroscape is marketed towereds kids, but that doesn't mean that someone who is not a "kid" can't play the game. Get it? Heroscape is marketed towards kids. Hasbro expects that it is a kids game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zman44 wrote:
On the the comercials it shows ten year-olds playing. And that comercial is on Cartoon Network, a kids channel. Heroscape is marketed towereds kids, but that doesn't mean that someone who is not a "kid" can't play the game. Get it? Heroscape is marketed towards kids. Hasbro expects that it is a kids game.

I don't think you are very familiar with Cartoon Network. It is not just kids channel. There are lots of cartoons on their that I would not let my kids watch. It has a lot of adult programming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Have you ever considered why Cartoon Network shows the adult programing after 9:30? Because they don't want kids to watch it. Children shouldn't grow up watching that junk. I haven't even heard of any adults that watch Cartoon Network's kid shows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.