Craig Blumer
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When using the the "Supplies" utility, when is payment made for drawing the ware card? The card implies that payment (1 gold or discard 1 hand card) comes after the ware card is found from the draw pile. Can the payment of 1 discard be done before going to the draw pile to find the ware?

Thanks,

Craig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Eastside, Esq.
United States
Richmond Hts.
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The text lists the cards function and then payment information. So I would assume that payment comes after you have taken a ware card and added it to your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Based on the wording of the card, I've always played that you first find the ware card, then either pay 1 gold or discard a card, which can be the ware card you just claimed or any other card. Unless a card specifies otherwise, I do the actions in the order listed. If the designer or publisher wanted you to discard/pay first, I'm sure the card would have been written differently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto the above comments. Pay action point, activate Supplies, search for ware cards, pay for ware card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Blumer
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks,

Now it looks so obvious, but in the midst of a game and my desire to do otherwise, it didn't seem so obvious.

Craig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zsolt Szunyoghy
Hungary
Budapest
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wyldeoak wrote:
When using the the "Supplies" utility, when is payment made for drawing the ware card? The card implies that payment (1 gold or discard 1 hand card) comes after the ware card is found from the draw pile. Can the payment of 1 discard be done before going to the draw pile to find the ware?

Thanks,

Craig

It may have sense to look at the ware card first. You can take the ware card in consideratation when you decide whether to discard a card or pay.

Regards,
Zsolt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.