Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Welcome back to Narnia. This time you will join Young Prince Caspain in fighting off the Evil Narnians who don't believe in Alsan and the Kings of Old, and his Uncle Miraz who wants to supress all Narnia into being a civilized country.

Game will start April 10, Lynch will be at 1pm BGG
All roles will be revealed upon lynch or kill.
Ties broken by longest held LAST vote. (The one that put them in the tie.) Not the first vote.

Victory Conditions
In this game their are 4 factions working towards their own goals.

Evil Narnaians - The Evil Narnians are Ricabric, The Hag, and The Werewolf. They want Narnia for themselves. These are the wolves of a traditional werewolf game. They achieve a minor victory by having the non-captured "wolves" reach parity (1-1) with all non-captured players not including Uncle Miraz. They will achieve a major victory if the non-captured 'wolves' achieve parity with all players including Uncle Miraz.

Uncle Miraz - He wants to control all of Narnia and subdue its creatures. He achieves a minor victory if he can capture more than 50% of the living Narnian (evil or good). This is evaluted just before day break, and just after night fall. He achieves a major victory if he can survive to the end of the game.

Miraz's Guards - Miraz's Guards are Glozelle and Sopespian. They want Miraz dead so that they can control all of Narnia. They achieve a minor victory if the help Miraz live long enought to capture 50% of the living Narnians. The achieve a Major victory if after achieving their minor victory they can get Miraz killed either by Peter, lynch or hope for a wolf kill.

Good Narnians - The Good Narnias want Miraz dead, and want the Evil Narnians Dead. A good Narnian achieves a personal minor victory if they are not captured at the end of the game or when killed. They also recieve a Major victory if Miraz, and the three Evil Narnians are killed.

Roles and Powers

Evil Narnaians
These characters will have unlimited PM's with eachother and will choose one player as a group each night to kill (starting N1).
Ricabric - He is a dwarf that pretends to be loyal to the Good Narnaians and Prince Caspian, but in the end is found to be a traitor after he brings the Hag and the Werewolf into a Private Council meeting. - He will apear good to Dr. Cornilus until the Hag or the Werewolf have been lynched.
The Hag - A standard "wolf".
The Werewolf - A standard "wolf".

Miraz and Guards
Uncle Miraz - Each night (starting N1) will choose one player to capture. (See capture rules below.)
Glozelle - Knows Sopespian and can PM him. Each day Glozelle can choose to name someone to protect from the lynch, and the name of who to lynch instead. If the person is about to be lynched and is King Miraz then the lynch re-direct will work. Glozelle will not be told if his power was sucessful. He will still give me two names each day, but the power will only work once. If at any point he does not want to redirect the lynch he does not have to send me any names. If no names are sent before the lynch time it will be asumed that he does not want to use his power that day.
Sopespian - Knows Glozelle and can PM him. Each night Sopespian can choose to name someone to protect from the wolf kill, and the name of who to kill instead. If the person is targeted by the wolves and is King Miraz then the kill re-direct will work, if the redirect is to a wolf it will not work. Glozelle will not be told if his power was sucessful. He will still give me two names each day, but the power will only work once. If at any point he does not want to redirect the kill he does not have to send me any names. If no names are sent it will be asumed that he does not want to use his power that day (So please send the names as soon after lynch as possible).

Good Narnians
Aslan - Each night (starting N1) will choose one player to release. If both Uncle Miraz and Aslan choose the same name then that player will be Captured for the Next Lynch then released.
Prince Caspian - At any point during the game he can choose to Blow his horn. (See horn rules below.)
Trumpkin - This dwarf is loyal despite not believing in Aslan. After the horn is blown, if he is not captured, he will be told the identity of each of the activated children. If he is later released he will then be told the identities of each of the activated children.
Dr. Cornilus - Traditional Seer - Will see good or evil only. Uncle Miraz will be evil. Guards will be good. If the person he chooses to view is captured he will be told the person is captured but not if they are good or evil.
Peter - Will not know he is Peter until after the horn has been blown. Will fight Uncle Miraz after Uncle Miraz reaches his minor victory condition. (See Fight Rules below.)
Susan - Will not know she is Susan until after the horn has been blown.
Edmund - Will not know he is Edmund until after the horn has been blown.
Lucy - Will not know she is Lucy until after the horn has been blown.

Special Features
Capture rules - Uncle Miraz will be trying to capture over 50% of the Narnaians. Aslan will be trying to release the Narnians. Aslan can not be captured. Captured players will not be told they have been captured. They will play the game like normal, but when the final vote tally is posted their votes will not count. The Evil Narnians will learn when they are captured because they will no longer be able to feely PM their non-captured buddies, but will be able to PM their buddies if both are captured. If all living Evil Narnians have been captured then their kill has only a 50% chance of happening, and Uncle Miraz is immune from the kill. Dr. Cornilus will aslo learn when he has been captured because he wont get his night visions. If either of Miraz's Guards are captured they will loose their PM abilties, if both are captured they will regain their PM abilities. For the players with PM abilities... I won't tell if they have been captured or released, just if they have PM abilities or not. So if Glozelle and Sopespian are told they can't PM, they know one has been captured, then if they are told they can PM again, they won't know if it is because the captured one was released, or if they are both captured.

Horn Rules - The horn is used to call the Kings and Queens of Narnia from the Old days back to present for help. Prince Caspain blows the horn by posting in bold in the public thread Blow Horn. He can only do this once in the game. The night after Prince Caspian blows the horn I will determine if the Kings and Queens of Narnia were sucessfully called from the Past. Each night has a different chance of being sucessful. Night 1 = 40% , Night 2 = 65%, Night 3 = 83%, Night 4 = 100%. I will role a d100 4 times. For each hit one child will be activated. The order activated is Peter, Susan, Edmund, Lucy. If one of the children is dead then the next on the list will be activated. This is the first thing done in the night, so kills and captures and releases will be processed after. (Night 1: P~88%,P,S~52%,P,S,E~16%,P,S,E,L~2%; Night 2~99%,P,S~89%,P,S,E~56%,P,S,E,L~18%; Night 3~100%,P,S~99%,P,S,E~86%,P,S,E,L~47%; Night4 = 100%) The activated children will be told their identities regardless of if they are captured or not. Trumpikin will only learn each childs identity if he is not captured.

Peter and Miraz Fight Rules
After Miraz has sucessfully captured 50% of the living Narnians and if Peter has been activated and is still alive (regardless of if he is captured or not), Peter and Miraz will fight. The results will be solely dependent on whether one of Miraz's Guards has been captured or not. If one of the Guards has been captured, then Peter wins and Miraz dies. If neither of the Guards have been captured, then Miraz wins and Peter dies.

Night Action Processing Order
Check for Miraz minor VC and Peter's fight.
Horn Blown.
Uncle Miraz Capture
Aslan's Release
Dr. Cornilus' Vision
Evil Narnian Kill
Check for Miraz minor VC and Peter's fight.

Disclaimer:
Because I have never designed a game with multiple factions, I'm not sure how balanced this set up is. So if between now and then I feel the rules need to be changed I reserve the right to change the rules up until April 10. If you see any major problems please let me know so I can examine them.

You can view the balance equation here http://www.wildbunchonline.org/werewolf/viewgame.php?gameid=... but because of the multiple factions I'm not sure how accurate all the modifiers are.

-----------
I would like to let the players from the "Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe" game have first dibs on playing in this one. Feel free to sign up if you didn't play in the first game, just realize that you could get bumped if everyone returns for this game.

Players (Names in bold are confirmed. Names in italics will take the place of any player that does not want to return for this game.)

1. Alexfrog
2. Anonymouse512
3. BagpipeDan
4. BoardManiac
5. dalestephenson
6. ejamer
7. greek2me
8. grinningpik
9. path12
10. janiera
11. jaredh
12. jmilum
13. kimapesan
14. kuchick
15. melissa
16. MunchWolf
17. rmunn
18. Royalflush
19. seanp
20. SecretSauce
21. xandryyte
22. Spielguy
23. Freyja
24. Shugyosha
25. buffalospynovel

Alternate:

I would like between 25-27 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rasmussen
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Kisu~
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Chronicles of Narnia - Prince Caspian - Sign Up
I'll play if possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, sign me up so I can nail the wolves again for all the wrong reasons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Champaigne
United States
Bellingham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to play (since I read all the books recently!) however, I'm going back to work and don't know if the 1pm lynch time will work for me ... put me as an alternate for now maybe?

*Moon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.N. Onymous
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
An open-eyed man falling into the well
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
"I don’t believe in magic that works whether or not you believe in it!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Madam, it appears that once again the Mice have been forgotten.

Perhaps you spoke out of ignorance, but know now that we Mice will not be slighted. Next time you besmirch our honor you may feel the prick of our swords!

(OOC: I'm in. And I promise not to be evil this time (:

And you did forget to give Reepicheep amazing powers cry )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to play again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I shall return.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anonymouse512 wrote:

And you did forget to give Reepicheep amazing powers cry )

I'm saving Reepicheep for Voyage of the Dawn Treader, where he playes a much larger role.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in

-Munch "Can I be Edmund again?" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh I am so definitely in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip (Flip) Cobb
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
April 10... looks like good timing. That will be three days after I defend my ph.d. dissertation, so I should be fully recovered. Sounds like fun. Tish, I'll let you know if for some reason I cannot do it any more, but at this point I am 95% certain that I will be able to play, and have my wits about me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Fritz
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She-Hulk
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please count me in too. LWW was a blast (well, to read anyway).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
In, please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy da Mom
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sign me up if one of the old players does not come back. Wish I would have been around for The first game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
No way I am missing this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kelly
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will lend my blade and hooves to help the Prince!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy O'Neal
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Confirmed !

And I will be around more this time !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Tompkins
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!
badge
You know what would be funny...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in - can't pass it up. Although I'm sure to be lynched day 1 in this one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew H
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to let the side down but I am going to make way for a new player. I just don't get the time to do BGGWerewolf games justice.
Best of luck to you all (except the evil ones of course) and have a blast.
Critical (never been evil, never will be evil) Mass

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, how does the game end ?

That's not specifically stated in the rules, so I thought I'd ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Royalflush wrote:
So, how does the game end ?

That's not specifically stated in the rules, so I thought I'd ask.

Good question... sometimes things are so clear in my mind I forget they are not clear in everyone elses mind.

The game will end when either the Evil or Good Narnians reach their Major Victory Condition. King Miraz and His Guards may or may not reach their Minor or Major Victories before either of those occur.

I will announce in the thread whenever any of the minor or major victories occur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.