Subject: shipping from Quebec, Canada to Coldwater, MI? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Beller
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
Anyone know about how long it would take for a game to go from Quebec, Canada to Coldwater, MI (southeastern MI)?

It has been 3 weeks now since it was shipped (at least that is when he said he shipped it)....and still it has not arrived. Never had anything shipped from Canada before, at least not that I remember, anyhow. I am concerned that the package may have been lost in the mail.

anyone have any experience receiving anything from Canada? I am not even sure he has recieved the game I sent him, as he has not returned any of my emails to him.

I know about the slacker list, but I am not ready to put him on that just yet. Not until I have more info about shipping time....I know when I shipped mine, the post office said he should recieve the package in 4-7 days. That was 3 weeks ago...and I have still not recieved confirmation from him that it arrived.

Hoping I did not get ripped off in this, as this is my first trade, and it has left a very bad taste....

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
depends how he shipped it...I know one time it was closer to 5 weeks before a game from Canada arrived in Michigan for me...

however, the lack of replies thus far to your emails would be disconcerting and not a hopeful sign....soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
May I pass along my congratulations for your great interdimensional breakthrough. I am sure, in the miserable annals of the Earth, you will be duly enshrined. -- Lord John Whorfin
mbmbmbmbmb
I shipped a game from Portland to Quebec (ebay sale) and it took almost four and a half weeks to get there. The buyer emailed me several times, concerned about how long it was taking. I was relieved when she finally received it!

I've been waiting about two weeks for a game from Canada from a Math Trade.

Delivery confirmation for international shipping is either unavailable or expensive. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Beller
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
well...hopefully, it is just taking a long time to get to me. And hopefully, as far as him not replying...well, maybe he just hasn't went to his messages. He has logged in....but maybe....i don't know.

I have asked him to message me when he gets the package I sent so I can at least know he got it.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Villemaire
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since 9/11, anything that crosses the border has to go through a tedious custom process. Your package will be delayed by several weeks, I'm sorry to say. On top of that they added huge import taxes to us canadians that buy stuff from outside canada (we're good at finding news ways to apply old taxes); it's getting very expensive for us to purchase from outside canada and use the mail.

Hope this helps,

Martin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Rumsey
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MythicalMino wrote:
Anyone know about how long it would take for a game to go from Quebec, Canada to Coldwater, MI (southeastern MI)?

Chris, while I can't answer you question, I just wanted to say "Hi" as a fellow Coldwater person.

I was born in Coldwater and lived in the area (Bronson, MI and Ashley, IN) for 7 years before my family moved down to Florida. My dad moved back up to Coldwater and has been there for 7 or 8 years now.

I'm hoping to visit my dad and my hundreds of relatives in that area later in the year. When I do, I'll drop you a line and maybe we can get a game or three in while I'm there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Beller
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
hey, that would be cool. Ever play War of the Ring?

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Rumsey
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MythicalMino wrote:
hey, that would be cool. Ever play War of the Ring?

Sorry to say that I haven't. I owned it at one time but never got a chance to play it. Haven't yet re-added it to my collection but by looking at the post I made this morning on my site, I probably shouldn't.

(In case you haven't seen the post on my site, I took a look at how many games I own (300) and how many I have yet to play (197)...not a good ratio)

Would love to finally play it. I don't have any concrete plans yet for the trip up there but it would probably be in the latter part of the year. I'll keep your name and let you know more when I do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FullContactGEEK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While it is true that some packages shipped between the US and Canada can be delayed by the Customs officials of the respective country, it doesn't always happen. In fact, most times in my experience, if you purchase a faster method of shipping, the package really does arrive faster. Normally when I send packages to US destinations via regular mail service, even ones that are sent as cheaply as possible, they arrive within 2-3 weeks on the outside. Usually 10 buisness days. More often than not, usually it takes just a bit longer for me to receive a package from the US then it does for someone from the US to get a package from me. So I would say that 5 weeks is a very long time. Still, it is possible that something DID happen to the package while enroute. It's hard to say, but when you get the point of giving up on the package, make sure to leave appropriate feedback.

But in any case, do not take that as a sign that trading with residents of Canada is a bad proposition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Beller
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
haha...don't worry...I won't blanket everyone in Canada.

I really don't know what way he shipped the game, as he won't reply to any of my emails. I have only recieved one reply, and that was on the 19th of last month (or maybe it was the 15th....not sure now).

Who knows....i just hope i do get the game.

It is a game I have wanted for a long time now (i had it once about 20 yrs ago), and thought it would be a fun game to play with my two boys (ages 3 and 5). I know that they are kinda young (the game is Thunder Road), but they both love cars....and thought this would be a fun game for us all to play.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FullContactGEEK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehe...Funny...I just bought a copy of Thunder Road off ebay last month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Condoroussis
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

This is how long it should take, with Canada Post:

Air Mail: 7 - 10 days
Surface Mail: 14 - 28 days
Xpress Post: 3 - 7 days

Border delays can cause a lot of slow downs. Canada Post will not even check up on it unless a month has passed and often two months past the required time.
If the person is still in communication with you, you should be ok, if they stopped replying to your emails, then I would worry.
I have shipped thousands of items from MOntreal, Quebec to the USA and not one was lost. A few were returned to sender for various reasons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Beller
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
well....that is just the thing.

He has not replied to any messages since the 19th of February.

So, yes, I am starting to get a bit bent out of shape about it. But, I guess this is just one of those risks involved in trading board games on here....

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.