Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Poulos
United States
Oak Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
I guess there's more to starting a game company than just having a name... :(
badge
What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, a gaming machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this gamer does is sleep and eat and place little meeples, and that's all.
mbmbmbmbmb
things don't look good for our hero, locked in mortal combat with the relentless Dr.Seward and trapped in Northern England with just a single drop of blood remaining...

Can Dracula escape combat as a bat to the sea (if in a port and having more than one blood)?

If escaping as a bat when cornered in the northern most city can one of the previous city cards be used without the 'double back' card? or even with the 'double back' card? What would happen if 'double back' wasn't available?

When using 'double back' (either normally or when fleeing as a bat) is it permissible to pick up the location cards, pick the doubling back city, then return them to the board (in their proper order of course) with the empty spot removed so as not to give away the location? (based on previous revealed locations the hunters knew there was only one way dracula could've gotten where he was, but he had two cities he could've doubled back to)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hoffman
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only escape as a bat to cities.

And you can only use your power cards, including Double Back, during the Movement Phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Poulos
United States
Oak Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, a gaming machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this gamer does is sleep and eat and place little meeples, and that's all.
mbmbmbmbmb
so could you escape to a city that's already in your movement track just moving that card to the proper current place?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why not...you would just use the "double-back" power card and take a card back from the trail and make it your "location" card...the only thing I wouldn't do is double back (even as a bat) into a city which is already faced up...that would be silly!

...Where does it say in the rules that the Count has to use the power cards on "his movement" phase? (it says during movement...bat form is like movement, true?)

Also as a bat, you can move (1) or (2) cities away...can you pass thru a hunter like in "Wolf-form"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carrie Ulrich
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Where does it say in the rules that the Count has to use the power cards on "his movement" phase?

Page 20:

Quote:
Dracula has five Powers that he can call upon over the course of the game. These are represented by Power cards, which are kept in his Location deck and played into his Trail during his Movement Phase in various ways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK- thanks for pointing it out, I missed it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Poulos
United States
Oak Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
so you wouldn't be able to escape as a bat to a city you've already been? this seems reasonable as it would serve the Count right for getting himself in such dire straits but just want to know if anyone knows for sure...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Hutcheon
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
No, I don't think you can Escape as Bat to somewhere you've been already. As far as I'm concerned, I just play it like Wolf Form. You can use it to move to any legal location one or two spaces away, play the new location card facedown on the trail, you can move through cities occuppied by hunters (not sure about this one, though), BUT you may as usual not move through Consecrated or Heavenly Hosted cities.

One thing I didn't notice right away, though, is that Drac CAN actually use Double Back to go to a location in his catacombs, which can really suck for the Hunters (no pun intended).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I thought Escape as a Bat was a combat card, not a power card, meaning it can be used at night, during combat, as long as it wasn't used in the previous round, and doesn't actually move you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb
Professor_Frink wrote:

[edit to trim quote]
One thing I didn't notice right away, though, is that Drac CAN actually use Double Back to go to a location in his catacombs, which can really suck for the Hunters (no pun intended).

Kevin Wilson sez: " not always... "
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/102619

KevinW wrote:

Note that when you use Double Back, your move must still be a normal, legal move. All Double Back lets you do is cross your own trail, it doesn't work as a teleport.

-Kevin Wilson
Fantasy Flight Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Halfling
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Professor_Frink wrote:

But don't forget that only 1 encounter on there can be kept and an additional one isn't placed there (see P21/en rules), so it's not that horrible - well, depends what encounter Dracula keeps =8)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Professor_Frink wrote:
One thing I didn't notice right away, though, is that Drac CAN actually use Double Back to go to a location in his catacombs

Dracula can take back any card in the Catacombs at the beginning of his turn, so he has no need to waste "Double Back".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.