Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there an edition of SoC with the latest rules in the box? I seem to remember reading that somewhere. If so, how can you tell the boxes apart?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim,

The only difference that I can remember of was the inclusion of the 3 players rule. There is no way to tell which version has the reprint aside from opening the box. Fortunately, the rules update is available directly from the download section of the web site, at www.daysofwonder.com

eric @ DoW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but I'd really like the latest nicely printed color rules in the box. Is the "1st edition" pretty much flushed through the pipeline?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I unfortunately have no way to tell. I will try and see if I can get my hands on a copy of the rules reprint and let you know if I succeed.
eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just thinking outloud here, but perhaps something can be discerned by comparing the UPC symbols or ISBN numbers on the exterior of the packaging?

If someone could be kind enough to post their numbers from a first edition box, you could maybe see a box with slightly different numbers, perhaps indicating a difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hautemont
United States
Los Altos
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, UPC and ISBN numbers remained the same.
eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb
Then I wish you luck. Like I said, Just taking a stab in the dark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose then my only hope to be reasonably sure is to find someone who has ordered online and gotten the updated rules. If I order from the same place, I will likely get the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Helba
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim - I ordered SoC from Thought Hammer on January 31 and got the reprinted rules. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.