Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Power Grid» Forums » Rules

Subject: Power Grid Endgame: Most Cities Win? Then Most Money is Tiebreaker? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J. David Koch
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Hey...That Tickles....
mbmbmbmbmb
Our gaming group just played our first two games of PG this weekend.
Great game!
In both games we had 5 players.

This question came up in the last game.
Ending city limit to cause endgame was 15 cities.

I know that game goes to person that can fire up the most cities at end of game.

One player built out to 16 cities and was able to power all 16 in that final building phase.

My ruling was that he was able to fire up all 16 and the other two players that fired up 15 cities in that last turn lost. They just did not fire up as many cities as the winner did.

I was basing this on the rules that stated that endgame came with a minimum number of cities.

Was that the right ruling?

OR

Is it that all that get to 15 cities are in the running if they all fire up at least 15 then the money breaks the tie?

Appreciate your feedback.

McGuit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
Really, there should be weekdays, weekends, and cuddle days.
badge
You're not fooling me, because I can see the way you shake and shiver.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Power Grid Endgame: One more question
You were correct.

The winner is the person who powers the most cities in the final turn. If more than one person powers the most cities, then money is used as a tiebreaker. In your case, someone powered 16, more than any competitor.

Of course, the final turn is the one in which any player connects to the minimum number.

So as long as at least one player connected a 15th city, the game would end that turn. (Sometimes that person makes a mistake, cannot power all of his cities, and the game can be won by someone who didn't even connect the minimum number.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. David Koch
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Hey...That Tickles....
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Power Grid Endgame: One more question
That is what I thought.
Thank you for the verification.

McGuit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.