Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Riedy
United States
Glen Ridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bang! has become the game of choice for luring my friends to take the first step onto the path of Euro Games with me. Every person I've introduced and taught it to has, at one point in the evening looked at me wide-eyed and laughing — "Where did you FIND this game?"

Sunday night's group was a mixed bag. Myself, my wife, and two of our close friends who'd been turned onto the game visited another couple and indoctrinated them. After a horrible job of explaining the rules (by me) we played one hand face-up and then played, I think, four more hands. All of this with just the base pack, as I didn't want to confuse the new folks (one of whom struggled at times with the rules).

With six people I find that the game really becomes between the Sheriff and the Outlaws. The Renegade is definitely fighting an uphill battle, and didn't win any games. The Outlaws won once and the Sheriff three times.

The highest highlight of the evening was when the (still hidden) Deputy, through various General Stores and Stagecoaches, etc. got about 12 cards in her hand. One of them was a Volcanic and she laughed gleefully as she said "Someone's getting a lot of pain!" Fortunately for me, sitting on her right, it ended up being her husband on her lefthand side. She killed him handily and then, getting three cards for taking out an Outlaw, turned on me. I survived with one bullet left and was crippled for the rest of the game as Renegade. However I did survive until the very end, stuck between the Sheriff and an especially ornery Outlaw duked it out. They took turns trying to kill me but I had a ce-ment barrel which saved me at least four times.

Oh, and the woman who brought all that pain? She also loves to throw down the dynamite whenever she gets it. Twice it blew up in her face and killed her.

Everyone had a great time, as we always do playing Bang. And at the end of the night when I told them that I'd just ordered a bunch of new games they all said they'd love to try them out when they arrive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Stroud
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
The headline?

Golf clap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.