Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hinkes
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm specifically looking for groups or stores that host gaming sessions in the SW San Jose area, around Campbell or Los Gatos. However, please list any groups or stores that might be a little further around San Jose in case I can't find anything closer. Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anoni mouse
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well here is a good thread to start with for bay area gaming in general.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/57618

as for inshop gaming ther is GameKastle in Santa clara area and match play in the mountainview area

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Heim
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Kastle in Santa Clara, has informal board gaming on Friday nights, formal gaming on Sunday afternoons, and Monday evenings. There is Bay Area Game day, that just happened, see geek list just posted on the geek, and the next one is May 14th. There is Mtn. View on Wednesday's. Starting on March 19th, Santa Clara Game Group will be meeting every third Sunday on a monthly basis from 12:30 to 4:30 in Santa Clara, on Winchester and Pruneridge. E-mail santaclaragg@comcast.net for more info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What they said. No shortage of gaming options in the area here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Zeromus wrote:
I'm specifically looking for groups or stores that host gaming sessions in the SW San Jose area, around Campbell or Los Gatos. However, please list any groups or stores that might be a little further around San Jose in case I can't find anything closer. Thanks a lot!

Not compleat, but probably close enough:

http://kanga.nu/Members/JCLawrence/misc/BAGaming/groups/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hinkes
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses, I really appreciate it. I saw the Bay Area threads but I thought those were too far north. I'd like something that I can go to weekly without too far of a drive.

Santa Clara seems really close to where I'm looking to be so I'll check out those ones. Any others specifically in the San Jose area are appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hinkes
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked closely at those lists and there are some groups further south such as in Mountain View and Sunny Vale. I haven't actually gotten there yet, but it looks like I'll be able to get my fix ok. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Dragon
United States
Willows
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bannor2000 wrote:
Game Kastle in Santa Clara, has informal board gaming on Friday nights, formal gaming on Sunday afternoons, and Monday evenings.

I hadn't heard of the board gaming on friday nights. I take it "informal" means "not mentioned on their web site"?

It would be great if there was anyone else in the whole valley who wanted to play games at Game Kastle on sunday afternoons, but the last two times I went there on a sunday afternoon, I was the only one there, other than the Pokemon players who hadn't left yet, and an hour and a half later, I gave up and left. Let me know if anything changes, ok?
Quote:
Starting on March 19th, Santa Clara Game Group will be meeting every third Sunday on a monthly basis from 12:30 to 4:30 in Santa Clara, on Winchester and Pruneridge. E-mail santaclaragg@comcast.net for more info.

I am interested in this. Is there a BGG name I could geekmail about it?

Chris, did you know your profile says you live in Alaska? Anyway, I'm in Campbell, and I have been looking for closer gaming groups for weeks. I'm wondering whether EBay might be interested in sponsoring a group on a weekday night, seeing as how so many games get sold on EBay. If so, they're on Bascom just north of Hamilton, if I remember correctly, very close to Campbell and Los Gatos. I don't have any contacts there that I could use to approach them on the subject, and I don't want to just walk in cold, so if someone knows someone to ask, that would be great. I've also considered starting a group myself, to meet on a weekday evening, preferably a tuesday or thursday, so as to not conflict with any other groups. Interested?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Lo Dirk!

Red Dragon wrote:
It would be great if there was anyone else in the whole valley who wanted to play games at Game Kastle on sunday afternoons, but the last two times I went there on a sunday afternoon, I was the only one there, other than the Pokemon players who hadn't left yet, and an hour and a half later, I gave up and left. Let me know if anything changes, ok?

I'm currently planning an 18XX game for this Friday evening (to match the 18XX night we had there last Saturday evening). There's reasonable odds of this becoming a fairly regular affair. I wouldn't be surprised if other designer game playing accretes about that.

I used to play there on Sunday afternoons but ran into a combo of the same problem and time conflicts of my own.

Quote:
I'm wondering whether EBay might be interested in sponsoring a group on a weekday night, seeing as how so many games get sold on EBay. If so, they're on Bascom just north of Hamilton, if I remember correctly, very close to Campbell and Los Gatos.

There's an active gaming group at PayPal (1st St just north of 101) but not enough to support evening play, only lunches at this point. I haven't (yet) talked to anyone at EBay about gaming (they have an active Go and Diplomacy group, don't know about TGOO).

Quote:
I've also considered starting a group myself, to meet on a weekday evening, preferably a tuesday or thursday, so as to not conflict with any other groups. Interested?

Depending on how the semi-weekly 18XX and career shift goes, I may be able to attend semi-occasional Thursdays. I used to attend the Adobe Boardgamers nearly every Thursday, but they sadly shut down due to attrition after the Macromedia purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Dragon
United States
Willows
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
I'm currently planning an 18XX game for this Friday evening (to match the 18XX night we had there last Saturday evening). There's reasonable odds of this becoming a fairly regular affair. I wouldn't be surprised if other designer game playing accretes about that.

I went to GK last friday, about 7pm, and no one was there playing 18xx, but several people showed up around 7:30 and we played a few general card games and board games

The Santa Clara Gaming Group's inaugural session was a success, I'd say, with about 10 to 14 (I didn't count) people playing several card and board games. Thanks, Andrew!

I went from there to GK where, unlike the last few times I've tried it on a sunday afternoon, there were people playing board games. So sundays may be coming back at GK, and fridays seem to be active already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Red Dragon wrote:
I went to GK last friday, about 7pm, and no one was there playing 18xx, but several people showed up around 7:30 and we played a few general card games and board games

Yeah, I had to bow out due to being up for 36hours straight across Thursday/Friday and the rest of the gaming plan fell apart from there. The new plan is 1830 on Weds night at SVB. So far 5 players have signed up with 4 more tentatives for that the last open slot, and I've pretty close to zero risk of not being able to make it this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin granfield
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
hey! i am not really familiar with all this....basically i have aquired about 1500 star wars cards from the various games. i went on a site and saw that some of the ones i have are rare and very rare...most have black trim and i have about 50 or so hologram ones as well. bottom line this guy owed me $ and gave me these...i just want to get a fair deal for them...he tell me they are worth about 8 or 9 hundred at least. i only want to make what he owed me and that is 425 bucks. want to do it quickly and without complications. if you think you can help me please call me at 650-271-6616. i don't have internet connection at home and am at the library now. if you could pass this on if you are not interested i would greatly apprieciate it. thank you, kevin p.s. i chose you because you were the first one at the top of the page. maybe it's your lucky day?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.