Popular Tags: [View All]
David Zammiello
United States
Libertyville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once the hits are compared to determine the winner, does the number of the spaces switching religion equal the difference between the Protestant and Catholic number of hits OR the absolute number of hits achieved by the side with more hits?

Example: 3 Protestant and 2 Catholic hits result from the Diet.

How many spaces switch religion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
mbmbmbmbmb
One.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael heitz
United States
Santa Fe
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
One. Spaces flipped equal the difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Zammiello
United States
Libertyville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If that's the case, the rule as written should probably be clarified. Using the Protestant case as an example:

If the number of Protestant hits exceeds the number of Catholic hits, the Protestant power flips that many spaces to Protestant influence.

"that many" does not clearly refer to the difference between the number of hits.

I'd suggest something like:

"If the number of Protestant hits exceeds the number of Catholic hits, the Protestant power flips to Protestant influence a number of spaces equal to the difference between Protestant and Catholic hits."

Or an example would help. I've only read the rules so far--maybe there is one in the scenario books?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Beach
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Yes, I'll make sure this gets clarified in the FAQ (and any future rules update).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.