Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lea Hudson
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any groups in the Halifax or Bradford area of West Yorks? I'd like to play anything really (except Monopoly) and have some wargame and lots of RPG experience.

Cheers,
Lealoc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Lea,

Welcome to the geek.

Here's a thread that mentions a lot of the UK geeks ...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/55525/page/1

See if you can find anyone local in there.

"Beyond Monopoly" meet in York every 1st & 3rd Saturday of the Month ... is that far ?

Sadly, our group is in Stoke, but we are hosting a "board games weekend" in August if you're interested in a little games-playing holiday

All details on my profile.

I'll stop talking now.

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parkin
United Kingdom
Wakefield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
There's a wargames club that meets on Wednesday nights at a pub in Halifax. They're fairly exclusively miniatures, don't know if that's of interest.

If you would consider groups a bit further afield I run one on Mondays in Ossett and there's the Leeds Games Club on Thursdays in Headingley.

Andrew Parkin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lea Hudson
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies.

Nick - Yes, York is too far unfortunately. From where I live, it would probably be a 2hr drive each way on a good day. The weekend sounds good, but I doubt I'd manage it. If only I'd married someone who didn't work shifts. I could always bring my 2yr old son. He'd have a great time with all the game pieces!

Andrew - I'd heard about a miniatures club in Halifax. From what I remember, they play mainly DBA/DBM. I have both rule books, but no miniatures (yet). I might get in touch with them and see if they'd let me go and watch as it's supposed to be a good game. It would give me the excuse I need to begin collecting something new. My wife will be sooo pleased
Is Ossett far from Halifax? What games do you play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parkin
United Kingdom
Wakefield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Ossett's on the M1 (J40) next to Wakefield. I work in Halifax and the trip takes 45-50 minutes during rush hour, perhaps 5 or 10 minutes less at other times.

We're also MAINLY a miniatures club (not just DBA/DBM) but do play other games. Over the past year I definately remember playing Attika, Carcassone and Fibonacci plus various board wargames.

If you fancy doing some miniatures there's no need to worry about having the figures, alot of our games are multi-player affairs so you can usually join in on a game with someone else's army.

Our club website is at http:/uk.geocities.com/a_parkin_w_o_w/wowhome.htm

Andrew.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lea Hudson
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had a nosey on your website and would definitely like to visit one evening if you don't mind?

I have both DBA and DBM rule books, but haven't had the opportunity to play either. The lack of anyone to play against has always stopped me from buying any miniatures, but I'd be tempted if I could get into playing either game on a regular basis. The other games you mention are also new to me. My background in gaming is mostly RPG's (D&D, AD&D and Cthulhu in my younger days) or more recently PC wargames due to lack of RW opponents.

Since moving to Yorkshire around 15yrs ago, I've never been able to find any groups playing RPG's that didn't consist mostly/exclusively of teenagers. As I'm in my late 30's, I'd feel very out of place! It's a shame as I really do miss AD&D soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Jones
England
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I have Escape From Colditz and I'm looking for additional players. Anyone interested? Games take place at The Big 6 in HX13HF visit my pages and join the group here:
https://m.facebook.com/escapefromcolditz
Also search for the Escape From Colditz Players' Group on Facebook

I can be emailed on chris_joneshrhc@yahoo.co.uk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.