Subject: Bent Lord G rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Ziegler
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
So, I got my copy of The Fury of Dracula yesterday. As usual with Fantasy Flight the components are outstanding, except for one. The Lord G. figure was hardly standing at all. He was bent against his base at a bad angle. Like this ... _\_ Actually, worse than that, he was at about a 25 degree angle from his base.

Now, I got a trick to fix this, and I thought I would share it. Using a clothes pin to hold the figure perpendicular to its base, I boiled it. For about ten minutes I kept the figure with the clothes pin in the boiling water. I made sure to not let it settle on the bottom to avoid melting. Then, I cooled it in ice water, still with the clothes pin on it. Once the figure and the pin were cooled, I took them from the ice water and placed it in the freezer over night. The next morning the figure was able to hold its upright position to the base.
Like this ... _|_.

I would not try this with a painted figure.

If this is already pretty common knowledge, then I apologize for the post.

Thanks
Red

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sullivan
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I needed to fix some badly bent skeletons from Descent. Following an idea I saw someplace here on BGG, I found that a few seconds in not yet boiling water was enough to soften the figures so that I could bend and hold them straight with my fingers. The plastic never got hot enough to burn me and the figures were solid again in only a few seconds. The Descent skeletons have pretty thin legs so other figures might take more time in the water but 10 minutes in boiling water might have been a lot more than necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa, I'd probably like the game a heck of a lot more if there was actually a character named "Bent Lord G". It sounds like a rapper name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ziegler
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
Whoa, I'd probably like the game a heck of a lot more if there was actually a character named "Bent Lord G". It sounds like a rapper name.

Aw, snap!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Ziegler
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
TuringTest wrote:
The Descent skeletons have pretty thin legs so other figures might take more time in the water but 10 minutes in boiling water might have been a lot more than necessary.

I think you are right. Ten minutes was more than enough, two minutes would probably have done it. If every figure had been bent, I would have done some experimenting to see what would get the best results. The freezer step maybe a completely unnecessary, but I have it in my head that heating and then cooling below room tempeture helps hold the shape better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.