Popular Tags: [View All]
Garrett Potvin
United States
Brooklyn Park
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have started a petition on the Days of Wonder website to have them produce Richard Borg's American Revolutionary War Command and Colors game (A project he has done , the game just needs a home). Please go sign the petition if you would pre-order such a game. The thread is in their M'44 forum and is tiltled something like, "Who would pre-order an American Revolutionary War game?"

Thanks in advance for your support!

Game On!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Worthington already brought out "Clash for a Continent", which is essentially a Command and Colors game for the American Revolution and French and Indian War.

devil To be a devil's advocate, is there any point in Days of Wonder producing a nearly identical game? (Granted, the components for Clash could be better.) I wonder if people would rather see a Napoleonic version than another Revolutionary War version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Campbell
United States
Excelsior
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's just crazy talk...

Garrett you're such a radical...stirring it up again.

Next thing you know you'll be petitioning Rio Grande to STOP publishing Caylus!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erick Sais
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to agree with Kent. I think napoleonic game would be better especially because of all the battle that took place during that time. If there is a petition on a napoleonic game I'll sign it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Being British I'd rather see Napoleonic personally but tactcs would need to be changed and tinkered with from M44

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Potvin
United States
Brooklyn Park
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kent,

I think "nearly identical" might be a stretch. Worthington originally planned their game to be a traditional block game , in the spirit of Columbia games. It may be quite similar , but not close to identical. Additionally Days of Wonder has much higher production values and the ability to market the game more aggresively. That being said if Richards ARW Command and Colors game does not get picked up I will probably end up purchasing Clash for a Continent as a substitute. But I will hold out for another year or two and hope for Richard's treatment of the ARW with Days of Wonder quality components.

Game On!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Woodard
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clash For A Continent has some similarities, sure, but there are plenty of significant differences including the lack of a deck of cards that govern the action.

~Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Burchfield
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
kentreuber wrote:
Worthington already brought out "Clash for a Continent", which is essentially a Command and Colors game for the American Revolution and French and Indian War.

devil To be a devil's advocate, is there any point in Days of Wonder producing a nearly identical game? (Granted, the components for Clash could be better.) I wonder if people would rather see a Napoleonic version than another Revolutionary War version?

The games can peacefully co-exist. With our Wars For America series using a activation point system instead of cards we feel there is an inherently different dynamic. Also it should be noted that our already released sequel "For Honor and Glory" includes a seperate Naval System. Top that!

A little sparrow also tells me that we have a Mexican-American War modular game in the pipeline along with a possible naval expansion for "For Honor and Glory" chronicling the exploits of one Stephen Decatur. Ours is meant to be a system that once you learn one of the games you can play any of the others while only having to learn their slight differences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all of Richard's series and both of Worthington's. I'd still buy Richard's AWI series, especially since, with DoW involved, we should be able to see it expanded to include Seven Years' War battles on the continent as well!

I haven't seen RB's AWI game but have watched several demos of the C&C Napoleonic game at HMGS-East cons. People have a lot of fun with it and I hope it, too, sees the light of day.

Speaking of the Mexican-American War, it would be good to see Worthington continue the Wars of America series in this manner. Richard Borg told me he also has a M-A War version of C&C! And yes, I'd still purchase both.

Both systems have their good points. I'm especially happy with the way Woodland Indians are portrayed in "Clash for a Continent." Scary, elusive buggers! Feels just right.

I'll sign that petition, if I can figure out how to do it on their site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Romaniecki
United States
Attleboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
C&C Ancients defaulted to GMT because there was no interest in the topic from bigger companies. The same will definitely happen with the American Revolution game and probably the Napoleonic game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin goblin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Let's hope so! Surely the only company willing to put out C&C deserves to reap some of the benefit (and sales!) of their eagerness to publish good games....

Robin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like Borg to do an awesome science fiction themed game: Memoir: 2044--the Ogre edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Potvin
United States
Brooklyn Park
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: Potential Pre-orders are up to almost 80.

Additionally I did buy Clash for a Continent and enjoy it , it definitely has a different feel but the core concepts are similar.

Game On and visit DoW website to add your name to the potential pre-order thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.