yschiew
Malaysia
Petaling Jaya
Selangor
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2nd ed.for coins + box art

Do you think Jay frm RGG will get flooded with e-mails saying "hey, my 2nd ed of Caylus coins are missing frm the box" ?

...for the owners of the first ed. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob McMurray
United States
La Grange
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this is common knowledge but I own the 1st edition. Has RGG specified the procedure for getting the 2nd edition coins if you own the 1st edition? If so - please post it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Tuxbury
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
badge
SHAZAM!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jay e-mailed me with an answer. He said to check the Rio Grande Games website periodically. As soon as he receives the coins, he'll post a message explaining how to get them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KANDANG wrote:

Do you think Jay frm RGG will get flooded with e-mails saying "hey, my 2nd ed of Caylus coins are missing frm the box" ?

So were you planning on telling Jay that your copy's missing the coins? : p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
KANDANG wrote:

I'm not going to bother - we use poker money (from Adam Spielt) for pretty much all our coin games. Box art doesn't bother me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Heidenreich
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
MilwaukeeTEG
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a copy of Bottle Topps that had a mix of red and tan wood chips (roughly the size of poker chips). They work great and heck, they're wood!

So, for me, why bother getting the new coins. I don't think they will be as good as what I currently have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I use poker chips to replace all money in almost every game I have, anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. David Koch
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Hey...That Tickles....
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm the same now.
Poker chips all the way!
McGuit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan McLelland
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
Don't touch me!!!
badge
Hi! How are you?!?
mbmbmbmbmb
You should all try using the denier track that chicagometh posted. Its the best alternative I have found. We like it better than substitute coins/money/etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon W
United States
Aurora
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've now seen the new "coins," and...I predict there will be quite a hue and cry about them. They're just thick cardstock (same as the tiles), not all that large, and not all that plentiful. I've been using poker chips, and will continue to do so, even if/when RGG distributes these to owners of first edition (which I am).

The other graphical changes, OTOH, are subtle but nice. I didn't look it over closely, but some of the positioning of the icons has changed on various buildings (such the stone production buildings, where the owner's perq of an extra resource has been moved to the bottom instead of on the side, which is a clearer indication of the function). So that's appealing, but not enough to buy the game again. Unless someone is dying for a first edition copy, that is....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon W
United States
Aurora
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And now I read that the Jeweller building is included in the 2nd edition! Didn't notice that. I hope RGG provides an option for 1st-edition owners to get it. Of course, what would be even better would be a single sheet expansion with a few new buildings of each type, as the game could easily support a bunch of new buildings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.