Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mb
SSG Session Report for January 13, 2001

We had 13 in attendance tonight which comes close to our high water mark (we actually had 14 but Walter could not stay long). Tonight was also special in that Alison had finally received our mega combined Adam Spielt order and she was giving out game bundles to eager hands! The shipping was really reasonable when you get enough people to place a big order. Although I like to support US retailers, a few games tend to be very pricey and those are the games many people seemed to target for purchasing in this order - Barbarossa, Zapp Zerapp I think at least one Carabande set, etc. Anyway, we proceeded to play many of these games straight away!

Roll Call: Dave Bernazzani, Alison & David Hansel, Mark Edwards, Craig Massey, Andrew, Jenn, Jonathan, Pat, Rich, Matt, Campbell, Tamara

Games Played: Zapp Zerapp x2, FlickWerk, Barbarossa, Attila,
Carabande, Taj Mahal, Settlers of Catan, Kohle, Kie$ & Knete, Medici, Werewolf x4

Here are the games I played. If anyone wants to comment on the others (or even these), feel free!

A cute children's game (the only kind it seems I stand a chance at these days!) where the object is to get 3 of your dobbers around a circular track into a home base. There are 13 "salt shaker" like containers which are labeled 1-13 on their respective bottoms and contain from 1 to 13 little metal beads (to match the number written on the bottom). To move, one player rolls the dice and then each player then tries to quickly shake the shakers (which are shuffled randomly in the center of the large circular track) to try and guess the shaker that has that number of beads exactly or less. This part is very frantic as you are searching for the "perfect" shaker to match the dice (usually - sometimes you do want to go a bit less than the number rolled to place your dobber in a better zone). Once everyone has a shaker, you turn them over to look at the number you selected. If the number is higher than the dice rolled - you do NOT get to move. If you pick a number equal to or less than the dice roll, you move the number on the shaker you took. So the object is to usually get as close to the dice rolled number as possible without going over the total. It's amazing how often the dice came up 7 or 8 and someone would shake and grab an 11 or 12! Also, several times I was looking for a 10 and picked out a 3 or 4. To make matters a bit more interesting, if you pass another player along the circular track, you can bump them back to their starting position - unless they are in a "safe zone" which is spread throughout the board. It's really light and I like the fast and frantic search for the perfect shaker. Highly recommended for kids - and for adults who don't mind a bit of silliness in their games. David, Jenn and I played two full games. I won the first game, Jenn won the second game. Everyone enjoyed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.