Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russ Brown
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be spending some time in Bath and North Wales (Conwy I think) over Spring break, and I'd like to check out some game stores (board games, miniatures, whatever). Even Games Workshop stores would be fine. Can anyone help me out?

Also, if anyone has suggestions of other sites to visit while I'm there, those would be welcome too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kunnagh Scott
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Russ

A colleague of mine really rates this store: http://www.wassailgames.co.uk/ . It is in Frome, which is about 15 or so miles south of Bath.

As to sites around Bath - don't forget Bristol (aka 'the town that tourists forgot').

Come see William Penn's (as in Pennsylvania) armour in St Mary Redcliffe Church! http://www.stmaryredcliffe.co.uk/Americanconnection.htm

Marvel at Mr Brunel's bridge! http://www.clifton-suspension-bridge.org.uk/

And so forth...

Enjoy your stay in Blighty, whatever!

Cheers

goonarrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Borgelin
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Russ,

I can heartily second Kunnagh's comments regarding Wassail Games in Frome. Really good selection of games and puzzles, even second hand/OOP stuff too! If you like your Euro Games or Card games there is always something to find. Pete & Helen, the Owners, are very knowledgable and you can always have a great chat about what's what in the gaming industry...very definitely well worth a visit!

Re Bath it is pretty much a desert when it comes to the stuff we are taling about on this site. There is a very large Games Workshop Branch were the usual painting/gaming sessions can be found, especially on a saturday.

The only other place I can think of at the mo is a Toy shop called Eric Snooks. There is the usual fare of Risk/Cranium/How to host X Y & Z Murders etc, etc. Every now an again they will have stuff that might interest...Carcassonne, War of the Ring, Zombies, Ticket to Ride, Settlers etc. Tends to be around Christmas time that they get that sort of stuff in... but it's always worth a quick look!

Hope you enjoy you visit

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Brown
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info guys!

Frome/Wassail is a little out of the way - we'll be driving northish when we leave Bath -> Cotswolds, Stratford, Shrewsbury, Conwy. But maybe a short trip while we're in Bath may be in order.

I'm a very inexperiences UK driver, and driving a hundred miles or so in Ireland a few years ago frightened me to my very soul. We also don't have a rental car while we're in Bath, but I see that there is (or was) a regular bus service to Frome (route #184). I'll check that out.

Thanks again,
Russ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike hibbert
United Kingdom
Gloucester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if you are driving up from Bath to the cotswolds, then PsiSoft in Nailsworth is not too far out of your way. It has a fair range of games and minatures, worth a look!
If you fancy some gaming while you are here, we meet up weekly in Gloucester.....

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve+Jackie McKeogh
United Kingdom
Okehampton
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shrewsbury has a good but small game shop which I haven't been to in a few years but I believe is still there. It used to only be open on Fridays and Saturdays so you would be wise to check first. They always had a good stock of German games including old ones that became rarer the longer they stayed unsold.
Severn Games, 3 Meadow Place, Shrewsbury Tel:0174 3361417. It's near the bus station.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Denny
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wassail Games in Frome has now closed, unfortunately.

The nearest, I guess, is Travelling Man in Bristol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kees
Netherlands
Delft
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The bristol Traveling man is also closed (http://travellingman.wordpress.com/2008/02/18/closure-of-tra...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.