Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David T.
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
This was a point of discussion last night in our game. Which interpretation of the farmer power cards is correct?

A: When a player plays a Farmer power card during the "Harvest and Further Income" phase, the player collects the benefit, but the power card remains in effect for subsequent rounds; specifically, the benefit can be collected again in future "Harvest and Further Income" phases

- OR -

B: During the "Harvest and Further Income" phase, the appropriate benefits for the farmer card are collected and the card removed at the conclusion of the phase.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, short answer is it depends.

As the cyclist said, the extra farmer goes on the province and stays until the end of the kingdom. The +1 gold per farmer card is one harvest only...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note that you cannot play the extra farmer card during the collect income phase. You can only play it during the player action phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David T.
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
No, specifically, I am referring to the "+1 coin per farmer" and the "+8 instead of farming" coin cards that are played during the "Harvest and Further Income phase". I see why you would think that I meant the "free farmer" chit, but I specifically mean those two cards.

When either one of those two cards are played during the "Harvest Phase...", do they persist to subsquent rounds, or are they discarded at the end of the phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no card of any type that persists longer than the specific phase it was played in.

So to answer your specific question, the Farmers +1 coin and the 8 income card are played during a specific harvest phase and discarded after their use.

Also note that the 8 income card replaces all income for that region, not just the income from farming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Those two are one-offs and are discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.