Popular Tags: [View All]
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Maverick wrote:
This highlights one of the annoying occasional tendencies of BGG - the call to "help us out" one day, followed by the unannounced "that feature is no longer needed" decision - gone with a ZAP. This had made me especially skeptical about new features, especially after having rated numerous images and tagged numerous Geeklists in an effort to add to the usefulness of the site, only to see that time and effort apparently go down the drain...

This comment was from the "Bring back relationships thread," and I think is a fair point. Of course, for all I know tags will be coming back someday, it's just at the bottom of the priority stack for Aldie.

It would be nice to know which. Perhaps when a feature is removed or disabled, it should at least be mentioned in the BGG News section, with an indication of whether the removal is intended to be temporary or permanent. That way we can know whether to just be patient or to whine and moan in this forum.

As an alternate possibility, perhaps a status page could be constructed, for one stop answers to some of the future of the site. This could list new features, temporarily removed features, permanently removed features, and intended future features (with no dates attached for the completion of future features or restoration of broken/removed features, for obvious reasons). If "optimal number of players" were listed as a future feature, I wouldn't keep suggesting it every few months.

The downside of listing new features is that it would blunt the wow/surprise factor of the new addition, and would also allow us to whine and moan about how upcoming feature will ruin the site before it's even been tried.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.