Carcassonne» Forums » General

Subject: Need expert opinion! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexis Brickner
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
Hi, I am writing a speech and need expert testimony on playing the game Carcassonne. If you are interested please answer this message with a complete quote, your name, location, and why you think your info could be considered "expert". Oh, and permission for me to use your quote in my speech. (This is just a 100 level course at my school, nothing major) The main purpose of the speech is that I am reporting a new game that the Hasbro toy company could put into their product line to boost profits. So opinions relating to the ability of the game to sell, or as a family bonding object would be great. I just began playing Carcassonne this winter and fell in love with it immediately. Considering I won the first four games I played, it wasn't hard to like. Anyway, thank you for any opinion you could give on the game and happy playing!

Alexis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Goodhand
United States
GSP Exit #20 (Seaville)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Alexis ~
I just read your Post, so it's probably TOO late to offer any opinions about the "Carcassonne" game for your classwork. We discovered the game two Christmas' ago and also fell in love with it. Fortunately so did all our friends so there are eight local couples that now play it, with all the expansions, whenever we get together. It's a GREAT game, as you know. However, I would deffinitely NOT want Hasbro INC. to come anywhere near this game. They would "Americanize" it, cheapen it, over hype it with advertising, saturate the market place with it, and I would soon loose interest. Right now it apears to still be an underground cult thing that spreads only by word of mouth, like which ch_ch in town is really practicing Christianity and not just playing "Churchianity." Anyway, you piqued my interest and I just wanted to ask, "How did your speech go? Did you pass the course? It wouldn't hurt to write a follow up here to stimulate some further conversaton on this topic." ~JG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexis Brickner
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
Hi, I'd totally forgotten about this post because I didn't get any responses before my speech. However it went really well, I got an A on the speech and had a great time. I talked about the meeples and showed some pictures of them. Thanks for your response and story. I still love Carcassonne but I only get to play on the holidays when I go home. Hope you're getting skilled at making roads, villages, and farmlands!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.