Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For the past two nights, when I access BGG from home, it says "Welcome Randy Cox" in the upper left corner, but the page configuration is back to the default and there are ads everywhere. And images and such. Not my customized look that I went to great pains to configure (not to mention setting the block ads stuff).

If I attempt to do anything other than browse through the ads (like, reconfigure the settings), I get the log in screen with my name and password already loaded. I've tried to re-sign in (with the proper password) and 90% of the time, I get the message that the user ID/password is invalid. The other 10% of the time, it says I successfully logged in, but the screen doesn't change and the next time I try to respond to a thread, I get the "you must log in" screen again.

In other words, it's as though the system knows who I am, and thinks I'm logged in, but doesn't actually use any of my profile settings and doesn't allow me to respond to anything.

Now, I never log out of BGG, so I've always been continually logged on at both work and home. Has something changed recently that makes this access method no longer work? Or is it something else?

Anyone with any ideas (low tech, naturally, as I'm a Luddite), I'd love to hear them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
Avatar
mb
Re: Is something going on with log on/off and personal setti
Are you coming in from any domain other than boardgamegeek.com? (i.e. bgg.cc, boardgamegeeks.com, wargamegeek.com, etc...)?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I simply click on one of my favorites in the IE drop-down menu (www.boardgamegeek.com) from whereever I happen to be at the time. My wife usually accesses by typing www.bgg.cc on the address line. Does that answer the question?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In case you're still looking into this, Scott, it's been corrected. After trying to sign in over and over when I attempted to respond to a post, I finally signed out and then signed back in and all was OK.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
Avatar
mb
Re: Is something going on with log on/off and personal setti
I corrected some domain name stuff that I forgot to do when I upgraded the server software, so that may have fixed it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP LaChance
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
it is still goofed up
maybe the "upgraded software" dosen't like "."'s in the username I had to create a new name and password

signed
"the geek formerally known as www.ccugolf.com"
now known as "custom golf clubs"

edit: all my posts were deleted also or were un-associated with a name. oh well at least I didn't have years of data and games played in my profile.
(shameless beg, how about some geek gold for my hurt feelings)

JP
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.