Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris M.
United States
Kings Mountain
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my Fantasy Flight Through the Desert and the board just won't lay exactly flat, its a bit wobbly teetering on two edges. Anyone else have this? Any cures or will it go away with time? I've thought about maybe shaving a bit out of the hinges. Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris M.
United States
Kings Mountain
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought that'd work too but it hasn't cured the problem yet. Each time I get it out I stretch it a little but I'm concerned about splitting the spine. It seems to have helped some. Maybe its just gonna take more time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe if you glued a Railroad Tycoon board curving in the opposite direction to it....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I place two small books, one on either side of the board, right on the "mountain" crease. This holds the board perfectly flat for the duration of the game. Not a perfect solution, but it works well enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same issue, but it's not a big deal...the board doesn't move around and the camels stay in place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Red Dragon
United States
Willows
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I played it with a friend, we had exactly this same problem, and solved it temporarily by putting a couple of heavy ceramic saucers on opposite corners of the board. That worked tolerably well. If it had been my game, I would have put a towel over the edge of the table and slowly and carefully 'rolled' the board back and forth over the edge a few times, but that could result in damaging the board permanently, so I didn't suggest doing that to my friend's game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
kdiddy13 wrote:
Maybe if you glued a Railroad Tycoon board curving in the opposite direction to it....
LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb

I got the "Durch die Wuste" original, now that the FFG version is out you can find it for almost half its price (I payed 19€ online instead of the retail 39€, the FFG game was at 28€). I had been told that the board is bigger and better quality, once I folded it slightly backwards mine is fine. And then I downloaded the rules (don't speak german)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane B
United States
Berwyn
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing once, the board was flat - I folded it slightly in the opposite direction, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.