Emile de Maat
Netherlands
Hengelo
Overijssel
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a character escapes to a province with gold in it, does he get to collect it immediately, or is it postponed to when he starts his movement as the active player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you get the gold as soon as your character piece enters the area - during movement or during escape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Ackva
Germany
Mainz
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
That's right. Your character takes gold as soon as you enter an own province (also directly after you have conquered a province of an enemy).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
consul_aquanius wrote:
That's right. Your character takes gold as soon as you enter an own province (also directly after you have conquered a province of an enemy).

So, if an enemy has gold in a province, does one need to conquer that province to get the gold OR does one just have to move there and start a possible meaningless battle to get the gold (ie Enemy province has 2 gold and 6 legions in it. Can I (on my turn), move my character there with 1 legion and grab the gold and just fight the battle and lose?

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To get the spoils, you must conquer the region.. win the battle and have legions to occupy the province.

So in your example, you would lose automatically, because even after the drawing of weapons from phase 1 of attack sequence (Draw Weapon cubes from the battle bag) and you got lucky to knock out one enemy legion - now down to five, you would lose your one attacking unit in phase 4 (Main Battle), as your one attacking unit was removed along with one defender. You would be left with no legions and one leader, so the attack fails.

No gold for you. Go home.

jonpfl wrote:
consul_aquanius wrote:

So, if an enemy has gold in a province, does one need to conquer that province to get the gold OR does one just have to move there and start a possible meaningless battle to get the gold (ie Enemy province has 2 gold and 6 legions in it. Can I (on my turn), move my character there with 1 legion and grab the gold and just fight the battle and lose?

Thx
jonpfl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.