Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
Salut a tous,

the French rules and the reference cards, 3 pdf files formatted as the originals, are ready to download from the GMT site:

http://www.gmtgames.com/living_rules/non_eng/CCA_fr.zip

Amazing! I've just finished reading everything, I cannot wait till the game arrives!!!

Miguel

PS: I don't have the game yet but I already realise the good support that GMT provides to users (this is my first GMT game, won't be the last).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the really interesting part of this is that GMT has not put the rules on line in English.

Some have speculated concerns that, since the card text is complete in the rulebook, and the scenarios too, someone could just buy the rules, make the cards, and do the game with minies.

I'm curious-- do the French rules include the text for the cards and the scenarios?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal TOUPY
France
talence
Aquitaine
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
yes they do

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kevin,

YES... It was surprising to me too, as I said everything is formatted as the original, with text of cards and scenarios, even the one page reference cards!!!

Indeed, I was planning anyway to scan the cards once I get the game and translate the text to print two decks, one in french and one in spanish (I'm a spaniard living in France, this opens the chance to play the game with french/spanish friends). For a moment yesterday I thought "if only I would have known that the complete rules would be available for free so soon"... But even then I didn't regret my buy, I'm afraid this game is going to be the only 10 in my collection so I need to have the original!

The graphics are a bit blurred, the scenario setups are a bit hard to read, but I would have never expected something half this good. The translation seems very good, and almost no spelling mistakes.

Good news for french speakers!
Miguel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have a scan of the english rules? We've ordered the game and would like to read them in anticipation of its arrival!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.