Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
C.K. Au
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone wishing to be kept notified of boardgaming sessions around KL, you are most welcome to sign up at the KL Boardgames Meetup Group
http://boardgames.meetup.com/310/events/

This group is managed by the Boardgamecafe.net team.
http://www.boardgamecafe.net

Cheers,
Jeff Au

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyril Blin
Lebanon
Beirut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damned ! I've been living here for 2 years without meeting others boardgamegeeks in KL and now that I'm moving to Bangkok on Monday I discover this... Damn Damn Damn!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C.K. Au
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hey, if you are free on Sat there's two sessions - one in the afternoon from 2.30pm-6.30pm and the other in the evening from 8pm till about 4am!!

PM me or better still email me at jack208@boardgamecafe.net if you are interested to come.

Stay tuned coz in Bangkok, we'll be hooking up with Playloft (a new gaming place in a uni) soon. When we go up there, you are most welcome to game with us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Lim
Singapore
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
At the same time, Settler's Cafe is launching off a board games Cafe right in the heart of Bangkok! Game to your heart's content over at Silom, right at the new J-City Mall! Check out the press release threads!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C.K. Au
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: KL Boardgames Meetup - next meetup Sep 9
Our next meetup coming up this Sat. If anyone's in town, do drop by. Best if you RSVP at our KL Meetup Site
http://boardgames.meetup.com/310/events/5082812/

Games tentatively being played
- El Grande
- Wyatt Earp
- Power Grid
- Age of Steam

Or tell us what you like to bring to the table.

btw photos from last two meetups

At Games Circle
http://boardgamecafe.net/community/photos/games_circle_my/ca...

At Toybox (on our Independence Day)
http://boardgamecafe.net/community/photos/toybox/picture3723...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Champion Eternal
Malaysia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will bring my copy of Tempus and 5 lucky persons will play the First Ever game of Tempus in Malaysia at Games Circle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
... tempus? what's that? if you play byzantium, i'll send you pictures of constantinople...;0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aik Yong Heng
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
Visit me @ aikyong.com!
badge
This is Bubbles the pig and his best friend is Panda!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tempus, you know, the Wallace guy? Oh, just look at your Byzantium copy, the Wallace guy's there as well

Woo hoo! Tempus this saturday!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
yes, the wallace guy...

some love tempus... some love byzantium.

tempus offer = "be the 1st in malaysia to play..."

byzantium offer = "play and get free pictures of actual palaces/mosques in constantinople used in the game"

might even bring some byzantine sand back...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aik Yong Heng
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
Visit me @ aikyong.com!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha I have a hunch that your next words will be:

For Tempus, there's mastercard, but Byzantium sand = priceless?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Champion Eternal
Malaysia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The First Game of Tempus in Malaysia Session report here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/125737

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Champion Eternal
Malaysia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My review of Tempus is here:
www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/125744

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C.K. Au
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Champion Eternal wrote:
The First Game of Tempus in Malaysia Session report here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/125737

Photos for this session of 1st Tempus uploaded here, enoy!
http://boardgamecafe.net/community/photos/games_circle_my/ca...

Next official meetup shall be 14 Oct but unofficially we are meeting there again this Sat. Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C.K. Au
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last meetup: 22 Sep 2006 (Fri)

A brief report on last Fri's meetup. An sms from Heng in the morning triggered some spams from me to Cheras suspects and once we gathered the necessary quorum, the adhoc meetup was on!

As usual, starts from 8pm with no end time. Since it was not raining this week, traffic was back to normal and Heng reported 30 min to get from his Puchong office to the Cheras Meetup place. CLYX messaged to say he'll be slightly late and asked that we do a filler to wait for him and Kirshen.

Heng arrived early, and went for makan at Payathin. Joined by Jeff later.... we finished up our dinner around 8pm as Henry also arrived. We proceeded to the Cheras centre and started off with 3-player Samurai, a first for Heng.

Clyx and Kirshen arrived as we were wrapping up the Samurai game, and we continued with a 5-player Railroad Tycoon. Clyx won the game even as Henry tried - but in vain - to use the New York -> Chicago Kansas City major line and Western Link strategy to catch-up.

After RRT finsihed around 11.30pm, Cly and Kirshen have to leave.... but Alan Woon arrived (in fact he arrived while we were halfway into RRT) for us to continue with a 4-player Power Grid Italy. That was a real close game as towards the end-game everyone can supply up to 17 cities except Alan who can supply 18 (he won).

It was close to 2am when we completed Power Grid but since we were all set for an all-nighter, we continued with another gamer's game Die Handler. Heng's first game while Henry has played once at GC. For details, wait for the session report.. but the game ended with both me and Alan tied on the Social Status ladder but Alan had 800 ducats while I only had a 100 so victory went to Alan again!

4.30am... and still we wanted more gaming.

So I took out 1856 and attempted to do a quick walk-thru of a few game turns, but I guessed i) I needed to read/understand the rule and more importantly the flow better, and ii) it was really too late for such a heavy game.

In the end, we decided to switch to something more suitable for such "early morning" such as Wyatt Earp. It was close to 6am when Henry bidded us g/morning. Alan and I went for our breakfast, chit-chatted and bit and then went back for our sleep at around 8am.

http://boardgamecafe.net/community/photos/boardgamecafe_net/...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
for those of you who love the all-nighter, breakfast before sleep thingy, DO NOT MISS THE EURO GAME RETREAT!!!

we've got 12 confirmed so far, and a few more yet to decide, so hopefully we will have 16-20.

we've just sent out the game nomination form (11.30am sunday night) so we look forward to your nominations within the next 24 hours.

after that, we will be sending the final list for voting...

don't forget, if the final 7 games selected for the retreat does not include your favorites, you will have saturday after dinner till breakfast the next morning to play your favorite games!!!

please pass the word around and sign up asap!!!

we need you!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C.K. Au
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meetup on tomolo Sep28 (Thu) at Toybox in Paramount Garden. Will provide an update after the meetup. Those wishing to join pls go to the KL Boardgames Meetup site for details.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson Wang
Malaysia
flag msg tools
A nice event yesterday at ToyBox,
manage to play a round of Samurai and Elfenland
For those who miss it be sure to come on the next gathering.
Its fun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lau
Malaysia
Petaling jaya
Selangor
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya lah, last night was good. I played a really chun game of railroad tycoon. Check out how many shares I have midway through the game -----> http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/149149 A world record... I think... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Champion Eternal
Malaysia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcus
Didn't you learn your lesson from Age of Steam France that night about bidding too much for the first turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Leong
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mb
Hahaha..he will never learn...what to do so..so kiasu..ppl upgrade engine he also want..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lau
Malaysia
Petaling jaya
Selangor
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At least I'm kiasu not kia-si...

Anyways, do any of you guys know where to get an XXXXL Lamination Machine that can even laminate houses ah?? I want to open my own business : Fried Rice's House Lamination Services (M) Sdn Bhd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aik Yong Heng
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
Visit me @ aikyong.com!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wizard83 wrote:
A nice event yesterday at ToyBox,
manage to play a round of Samurai and Elfenland
For those who miss it be sure to come on the next gathering.
Its fun

Yep, I did those with you, very fun games, thumbs up!

The next game Manila we lost the plot. Some wrongly played rules, I assume.

But the next two Blokus games were vicious, absolutely vicious. No mercy. Violent gamers alert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
aisay man, how come noone told me before that blokus was a canggih wargame???

i would have tried it much earlier if someone had told me that... great wargame ;0

kill!!!! oops, i mean block!!!! cut-off!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C.K. Au
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Photos from yest meetup posted to our site. Enjoy!
http://boardgamecafe.net/community/photos/toybox/category118...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C.K. Au
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday (Sat) was Deepavali holiday and tomorrow is the eve of Hari Raya (Muslim New Year)... thus KLites have a rather long holiday (Mon-Wed) which means GAMING TIME!!

--------------------------------------------------
Quick update on Deepavali gaming on Sat at GC. I did a quick Battle Line with Chua while waiting for the other gamers to arrive. When they did, we were concluding our Battle Line game.

Since we now have only three (Jefgoh came), we did Tigris & Euphrates... where Chua came out runaway leader so much so we dun care how much he scored LOL. Anyway by the time T&E ended we have 5 players (Henry and Chen).....

We'd wanted to do Santiago since we've five now but then two more gamers (Waiyan, Theresa) arrived after their seminar (near DJ) ended.

So we decided to do Havoc... Alan Tan arrived while we were playing Havoc. Havoc ended on time for us to call dinner break.

Gaming resumed at 9pm after dinner with Age of Steam (default map) for 6 players. This map is good for 6 as it provided just enuff space to spread everyone around but not enuff cubes so that everyone's fighting for the deliveries.

No one went bankrupt this round even though we have two AOS newbies for this time... and at the beginning you still get to hear bids starting at 4 or 5 and more!! Some of us were feeling nostalgic with the "coffee smell"... but thankfully the smell turned into "Earl Grey" later....

After AOS, we'd time for one short game coz Ric closing at 1230. Everyone wanted to do Power Grid (since we'd six players) but finally decided to do another round of Havoc since we dun think we can complete PG on time.

This round of Havoc was bloodier.. with some good battles...

Tomorrow one round of gaming at Cheras BGC while Tue nite shud see us @ Klang for Bak Kut Teh and some long gaming. Expect to hear 1856, TI3 or the likes being played.

Raya eve tomolo... enjoy!

More info at www.boardgamecafe.net

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.