Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BrĂ¼ Meister
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have just recently started playing Doom and have experienced the play balance issues first hand. I have resorted to trying some of the fixes, variants, etc. that other people have suggested. Seems to make the play more balanced.

I am now wondering if the expansion takes care of these issues or are there still play balance problems.

I am considering buying the expansion but if it still has the same problems I might just hold back.

Your thoughts?????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Don't make me exile you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought this one also had "new" dud cards of some sort....the duds used to be a big gripe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fox
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah they have replacement Dud cards to fix the problem of the other ones. They also give new Bezerk tokens with a faded side. The expansion is great and I have almost finished painting everything all I have left are the Commando Zombies. This is a great expansion, have not played the deathmatch rules yet though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
To answer the TC's question:

It's both "yes" and "no". It may be why no one trully answered the question.

Yes: The game is STILL imbalanced. Depending on players, the game was either balanced (if they were very good) or too difficult for the marines (my opinion).

No: The expansion provides a whole bunch of optional rules that can balance a game to your group. Such as the difficulty mod. cards, pistols with infinite ammo, balancing starting health and cards no matter the number of marines, starting with chainsaw and shotgun, etc.

Therefore you can balance the game however you want it.

Also of note is that the game, with the expansion, now features deathmatch and capture the flag modes. Those are, by definition, balanced since every character on the board use the same rules and the same minis (only marines are on the board, no invader).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.