Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I have recently re-acquired Runebound (1st ed) and was wondering if it's at all possible to use the 2nd Edition rules for the 1st edition? If so, what are the differences to take note off?

Also, I don't suppose that FFG will honour anymore upgrades?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know why it wouldn't work. I guess someone just needs to play it that way and find out if it works well or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Forsythe
United States
Strafford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
The fact that you use two 10 sided instead of one 20 sided changes the probabilities of dice rolls quite a bit, and I think the stats of the creatures are different to make up for that. I know I have used the first edition expansion (shadows of Margath) with the second edition base game, and the creatures were easier than the second edition creatures, and so it didn't work well. If people got an exansion creature, they had a much easier time, and it gave them an unfair advantage. But if all your creatures were first edition, maybe that would be fine, but perhaps a bit easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.