Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

One thing I admire in World in Flames is the simple-but-realistic production system.

In most games, when you build something, you place it on the board. On a rare occasion, you can place it on the board the next turn. WiF uses a production spiral. With different pruduction times. Bit hard to explain in short, but it comes down to a simple board. And when I produce "infantery", (which is fairly easy) I have to wait 2 turns, before they appear on the gameboard. When I produce "aircraft" it takes something like 4 turns. An aircraft carrier takes a staggering 12 turns to produce. So planning and anticipating what you will need in the future (short&long term) is important!

My question: are there any other games with this kind of delayed production mechanics?

It doesn't have to be a wargame. Something like Settlers, where it takes 1 turn to build a road, 2 to build a village and 3 to build a city. OK, bad example, but now you know what I'm looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Engelstein
United States
Bridgewater
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Pit Crew avaialble now! The Expanse coming in October!
badge
Ludology Host and Dice Tower Contributor
mbmbmbmbmb
WIF did not invent the production spiral -- there were several wargames that used it in the 70's, mainly SPI I believe. I think War In Europe used a production spiral system.

Geoff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.