Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Faehnle
United States
Cincinnati
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my first (and to date, only) game of Fury of Dracula, I was playing the count, and situated myself in the southeat corner of the map, two cities away by road from one of the Hunters, assuming that the Hunter would move toward central Europe. On his fist turn, he did, moving to a space that was adjacent to me, drawing the Telegraph Ahead event card.

I couldn't find anything in the rules that says not to reveal Dracula's current location. (The hunters argued that by omission, the mention of Newspaper Reports not revealing Dracula's current location, implies that Telegraph Ahead could. Obviously I disagreed with this interpretation, but agreed to expedite the game and end the argument by revealing my location.)

I lost. Quickly.

Anyone care to weigh in with an interpretation of the rules? Or an official ruling?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our group made the same ruling as yours, but I'd be curious to hear an official line on this. Anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In most games, if a card says you can do something and then doesn't give specific exceptions, then there are none. The card does what it says.

This sounds particularly brutal, but perhaps it's a counter card for the "shadow the hunters" type strategy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Indeed, "Telegraph Ahead" reveals Dracula's location.

When you play Dracula, you'll be often found quickly (Newspaper Reports, Telegraph Ahead, Hypnosis, Hired Scouts, resolve used as NR, Surprising Return fetching Hypnosis,...), you have just to learn how to "disappear" again (and/or how to rely upon your encounters to weaken/hamper/defeat the Hunters).

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.