Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marty Stainbrook
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does anyone know how I might get a hold of some card holders a la Memoir '44 without buying Memoir '44? You see, they would come in quite handy for Twilight Struggle and Command & Colors: Ancients as well as a few other games in my collection. Thanks.

Marty

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
One option: find some copies of Rack-o at a thrift store:

I usually see about one in the stores every other week where I am.

They're not the best if you absolutely need to read all the card text (i.e. first time players), but for seasoned pros who know what the cards do they're just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Just had a thread talking about these among other items. Here's a website that carries some.
http://www.chh-inc.com/ccholders.htm

I like the curved one 2nd from the top. You can find them on Ebay or in your local game store. Your local game store should have a variety to choose from in their card game section. They're nice to have (I too got hooked on using them thanks to Memoir '44) and a wooden pair add a nice touch to your game table. I plan to use them for all my games that use cards like For The People, Twilight Struggle and Fury of Dracula.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Monessen
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet link, Brian!

ignore the thud and crash. That sound you just heard was the bottom going out of my bank account.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Herbst
United States
Sayville
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's funny but I've played Memoir several times and have never chosen to use the card holders with the exception of the one Overlord scenario I played when it was helpful for the whole team to see the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.