BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Differences between Dungeoneer 1st and 2nd ed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
the king
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
MODS-please dont put this in the Dungeoneer section until some people have responded. The section does not get a lot of attention.

I would like to get the Base Set of this game(Tomb of the Lich Lord)and I recently found out that a 2nd edition of this game just came out. I am wondering which ed is better. My local game store can only order the 2nd ed (which is where I would like to get the game), but I have noticed certain online sites still carrying the first ed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Weber
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the moment there are three different versions:

The 1st edition (Citizen Games): Don't buy it (unless you are a collector), the game is not compatible with the other expansions from Atlas Games.

The 2nd edition (Atlas Games, states "2nd edition" on the front): If you are a collecter you could buy it. Out of print - you have to be lucky to get it. Nearly no difference to the next version.

The 2nd edition reprint (Atlas Games): Some cards changed/improved for better gameplay and balance. Should be the best version to get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.