Subject: I still can't list. Help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce McElroy
United States
Beverly
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Sorry all I still can't list my games. Don't know way but it wont show me a list of games so i can say yes I have or I want. I have over 100 War games. AH,SPI,GDW as well as PC games comming out my Who Ha. Over at IOGC we have a Team Speak for SBO. If all else fails could someone meet me on it and talk me through it? Could be worth a Copy of Amobea War's or Wizerds (Spelling lol) Quest. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just search for the game you want to list as owned. Near the bottom of the page, there are boxes you can check such as "want" or "own". Click the own box, and then hit submit at the bottom of the page. Presto! You now have the game marked as owned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
If by "list your games" you mean add them to your collection, you go to each individual game page, find the "Your Collection" section (which defaults to being down near the bottom, but you can choose to move it) and click on the Own check box. That is also a good time to rate the game and fill in some comments. Don't forget to click on the submit button before heading off to your next game.

In the same section it also has Want or Add to Wishlist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Namaksy
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can either you the search button at the top to find specific games as Chad pointed out. Or use the browse menu selection at the top to look thru games in various ways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Bruce,

There is no short cut to listing your games. You simply have to find each game and tick the Own Game box on each page, then click on Submit. For new users, with big collections, it is a slog. But when you have done it, you can then start rating and commenting on the games.

I have two suggestions. First, as above, use the Browse>Games>By Name menu. Here it is:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/browser.php?itemtype=game&sortb...

Click on the 27 choices and go down each list in turn, select the game, tick the box, click Submit then use your Back button on your browser to return to the list. A slog, but there you go. Note, the first time you hit Back, it goes to the point before you ticked the box. It looks like nothing has happened, but just hit Back until you get to the list again.

However, my second suggestion to make life easier for you, is to customise the game page to have the collection data at the top. Pick a game page, top right click on Customize Layout. Then from the table, choose Information as your first page item, then Your Collection as the second. You can go back and alter this later on, after you've done your work.

This way, when you select a game, the Own Game tick box will be at the page top, just below the details of the game. You need the Information to make sure you've got the correct game.

Good luck!
Jon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.