Pirates of the Spanish Main» Forums » General

Subject: Which set is the best to collect?????? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Abe Feran-Hickman
United States
California
flag msg tools
I want to start collecting this game and want to do it one set at a time...so please let me know which set seems to be the most fun, evil, and has lots of cool pirate stuff!!! Thanks for your response!

Oogie 8 Ball arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Kollross
Canada
Carvel
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
Pew pew pew!!!
badge
I'm a member of the Game Artisans of Canada
mbmbmbmbmb
Pirates of the Spanish Main has the best crew and with only three factions its the easiest to collect and play if you can still find them. Check ebay and for trades check out wizkidsgames.com under forum trades. I go by the same logon there as here.

I have a large amount to trade as well. I have a list posted on wizkids and I can send a list if you are looking.

Welcome aboard matey. Arrrrrr!

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abe Feran-Hickman
United States
California
flag msg tools
ok so now how about the funest set out there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Haberberger
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Abe,

I don't know where you are, but in New York state in America, the KMarts have a collector's tin of 3 Spanish Main and 1 Revolution for $9.99 USD. Next cheapest would be the box set at Target, 7 ships or forts for $9.99.

I tend to go for cheapest quantity at first.

George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abe Feran-Hickman
United States
California
flag msg tools
ok so I went to a local store that I found sold all expansions of this game and they knew a lot about it. So for anyone that wants to know which set to get I think it would have to be the "Crimson Coast" set because the added fort and terrain aspect makes it more fun than just ships. This is still simple enough to have fun to start out and not too difficult either. A good starting set. Thanks for the comments from George and Mike! Have fun!

Oogie arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark camp
United States
Lesser Binghamton Area
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Crimson Coast set is also my favorite, but I'm not sure exactly why. The terrain is definitely part of it though. The $10 tins mentioned above are also available at Toys R Us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I don't play set specific games. But it seems that when I play one of the 3 original nationalities (Pirates, English, Spanish) I end up with a majority of ships from the Spanish Main set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Levy
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this is kind of late, but now that Pirates of Davy Jones'Curse is out ... I completely recommend this set. Very cool cursed ships, and even sea monsters. Besides the $3.99 packs, I picked up a box set at Target that included one pre-built special ship, 6 ships, 2 terrain cards, 3 crew/treasure cards, a full-size die, and instructions for $10. I like the Crimson Coast set, too ... but, this one is just cool. The next set seems to have submarines like The Nautilus in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.