Subject: Need help identifying a train game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Shirrell
United States
DeKalb
Illinois
flag msg tools
I remember this game from about 10 years ago. I was too young to appreciate it, as it was a very sophisticated game, but now I'm going crazy trying to find it.

The game was a train/railroad type of game, where the board was railroad tracks, and there were dozens of train car pieces where each one had a certain purpose. They were made from plastic, I believe. It was a very "adult" game with warm earth-tone colored pieces and board.

I'd like to know as much about the game as possible, and perhaps where to get it if it's as interesting as I remember it to be. TIA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
i don't know.

if you go to top nav bar, under Browse,
then under Games
then under By Category

you can choose trains, and see if it's in the db at all. If it's not, any more details you can provide will help the train people remember it better.

good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Sandall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a lot of train games in the database. Could you be thinking of Double Crossing?
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/1654
That's what I first thought of based on your description. I'm not that familiar with the game though. I know I played it back in high school but I don't remember anything about it other than the plastic cars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Di Toro
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually sounds a bit like Union Pacific http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/94 as well. But I'm not sure on the time framing there.

1999 might be to new....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Shirrell
United States
DeKalb
Illinois
flag msg tools
It's neither of those. The pieces were nicer looking than those, with more earthy colors. The game came with a full-color game board that had rails on it. Also, remember that there are pieces for different cars, they aren't all one kind of car.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.