Subject: Starship Catan Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
k b
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
I've had this game for a while and finally played it last night. Very fun game. But I have a couple of questions for any more experienced Starship Cataners, both having to do with the modules.

1) We've been playing that science points are different from the rest of the commodities, i.e, with your trade module, you can't buy science points from the other player. Is it correct to treat science points differently from the rest of the resources?

2) For the producution rolls, rules say that if you have planets which both give you a production on the same roll, say a 1 gives you an ore and a carbon, you can only choose one. Does that limitation also apply to the module bonuses. So if I get a science point from a module on a roll of a two, and I get a carbon from a colony planet on a roll of a two, do I get them both?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultra Non is correct.

1. Science Points are not Resources, and therefore cannot be purchased with the trade module which specifies Resources.

2. Modules will generate either Trade Goods and/or Science Points in addition to one Colony that matches the die roll (if you have more than one colony that matches, you decide which one generates a resource).

Don't mean to duplicate, but Ultra said he didn't have the rules handy (oddly, they were sitting in the box right in front of me because we just played it a bit ago) and wanted to verify what he said.

Take care, and enjoy one of my favorite games!

jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
k b
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Ultra Non and Jeff,
Thanks for clarifying that for me. It really is a fun game. I'm looking forward to playing again. I've had it for about three years. I was about to give up on it. But we had a great time and are looking forward to finding its finer strategies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.