Popular Tags: [View All]
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After the 8-player game of Roborally finished most people moved on, but I managed to get 3 people who hadn't played before to play Euphrat and Tigris. For some reason I have always played this with 3 players, so this was a slightly new experience for me too. John chose Bows, Oliver Lions and Steve Bulls, so I was Pottery. I played with my score displayed as a handicap. I explained the rules and played the first turn, a Black Leader and a Blue tile. They took a bit of time to grasp the rules, especially the difference between internal and external conflicts (even though I called them 'rebellions' and 'wars', etc. Oliver started a rebellion on his first turn and lost, giving John a red point. Steve and John just copied me. There was quite a large kingdom emerging in the South, where all 3 of my opponents had decided to build. I managed to pick up 4 treasures by moving around between this and my own northern territory. There were a number of wars as the three players bumped into each other. Oliver began to grasp the game principles and picked up a couple of treasures. I built a Black/Blue monument in the centre, Oliver a Blue/Red one on the 4 river spaces. Steve made a Black/Green monument in the South. I was short of red tiles and points but had plenty of Black, so I engineered an external conflict and emptied my hand of black tiles. There were various catastrophes played, generally against me, but I raked in the red points and built a Black/Red monument next to the Black/Green one.

Shortly thereafter John, who along with Steve had really failed to get the game at all, worked out you could end the game quickly by churning 12 tiles a turn, and so the game ended. I scored 9, Oliver 6, John 4 and Steve 3.

Oliver at least seemed interested enough to try it again, possibly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.