Juan Bascuñana
Spain
Barcelona
Catalonia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After the third game of Castle my friends and I still have a doubt about how the exchange pile really works.

We don't know if when we decided to exchange a card from our hand and replace with a card of the exchange pile, we may look in to the pile for a card, and then left the card from the hand in the same position. Or this is done at random, and simply put the chosen (discarded) card in the same position at select a card from the exchange without looking it before.

So, we may look for a card in the exchange pile or this is done at random?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Stephenson
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
I do not run and hide... I strategically maneuver.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that the rules

http://www.faidutti.com/index.php?Module=mesjeux&id=326&fich...

indicate that the exchange should be face up and always visible.

-KentuckyKid

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Bascuñana
Spain
Barcelona
Catalonia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouchs! that hurts!!
blushblushblush

Thanks a lot KentuckyKid!

moronmoronmoronmoron...I read the rules a thousands times and I haven't seen it...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!zombiezombieshake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington Station
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm with you on the 'thanks'. I've played this game for years, tons of times, I even contributed the "Castle Board.zip" in the Files section - never did any of us realize that the Exchange is face up. We always played it as a separate stack, face down, a Stack I tell you.

Doh! I never reply in this way, but, thanks. This will breath a new (correct) life into this game (tomorrow, Sunday, must try this!).

This game would benefit from a picture showing the face up exhange. I've never seen such a picture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Stephenson
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
I do not run and hide... I strategically maneuver.
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't be discouraged. There are many more obvious rules that I have gotten wrong. (Like, in Torres, when we both read "only play one card per turn" about 45 minutes before I played 3 cards on the last turn for the win! I felt silly when I realized it later....)

I think I would enjoy Castle with the right crowd. I bought it as a real bargain, and have only played it once (2 player). I think it would work better with 3+ as a light filler.

Take care,
-KentuckyKid

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles Pritchard
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Castle is one of my most regularly played games, most people here on BGG seem to dislike it because it becomes more random the more players are involved, many people say that the ideal player group is 2 people, or 3 people (for minimised chaos and heightened tactics). I think this game gets better with more people and is an example of the sort of game that does not demand forward planning (something most geeks seem to love), but rather it demands the players be adaptable - be able to alter their play based on the game conditions - which can change significantly between turns. This sort of game is great fun because everyone is trying to do what best suits them at the time. As said - it is a regular on my gaming table and much loved by all!

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.