Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: gameroom_or_storage [+] Collections [+] [View All]
Patha
United States
Bay area
California
flag msg tools
mb
A while ago there was a great thread showing how people store their games. I figure it's been a while and people may have since added quite a bit to their collections. Does anyone have pics they want to share to show us their collections?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mitchell
United Kingdom
Enfield
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a picture in my Profile

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/Tycho

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Patha,

I also like to see what other people's collections look like. There's a picture of most of my collection in my profile as well:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/Thommy8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Game group needed...
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you put those pictures into your profile like that or in a forum post for that matter? I would like to do that myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Sandall
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too I want to know how to put a pic of my collection in my profile. I have geekgold to tip!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Rumsey
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
neoshmengi wrote:
How do you put those pictures into your profile like that or in a forum post for that matter? I would like to do that myself.

Use the IMG tag as in:

[I M G]URL of your picture here[/IMG]

Take the spaces out of the first one (I had to put them there or it wouldn't show up. Let me know if that doesn't make sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
I few months ago, rck was collecting images. My shelf is on the bottom left.

http://rck2.com/zp/Game+Closets

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a few shots of my game shelf:

http://homepage.mac.com/jmilum/photo_album/PhotoAlbum56.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cavedog_pdx wrote:
Me too I want to know how to put a pic of my collection in my profile.

You need to have the image hosted somewhere online, first.

Then you just use the IMG tag. Click on the button, paste the URL of the image, and it's all done for you.

jmilum wrote:
Here is a few shots of my game shelf:

Nice socks, Jeremy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MC and Nate,

Well, it seems like others may have already answered your questions about how to post pictures of your collection in your profile. The trick is hosting your image somewhere else on the web first, and then putting that URL into your profile using the IMG tag. If you don't know how to host your image somewhere else on the web, I might be able to host an image of your collection for you. Send me a GeekMail if you have any other questions about putting a picture in your profile.

-Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

And in case that doesn't work:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/jestys_books/hgggfghg.j...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ima Meeple
Denmark
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Cromaa wrote:
neoshmengi wrote:

Use the IMG tag as in:

[I M G]URL of your picture here[/IMG]

Take the spaces out of the first one (I had to put them there or it wouldn't show up. Let me know if that doesn't make sense.

I hate to sound like a know it all, but wouldn't it be easier to wrap a code tag around that bad boy ?? Like so

*edit*
hmm guess now

On topic:
mine's definitely not big enough to be viewed in public yet.
10 games, and a wishlist that grows bigger every day ... I'll get there eventually, and then I'll be a big fish in this pond. Of coz you old timers will be even bigger yuk laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Game group needed...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help everyone. I have posted my collection under my profile. I have overflowed from my first game bookcase!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/neoshmengi

I also have a travel set of mostly card games that fit into a poker chip case. There are lots of games that benefit from chips!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have small collection on two "game shelves". The top is the adult games, on a shelf in a closet. The lower part are the "kids games," under a coffee table. I also have a go set and a chess set, but they are big, not in boxes, and don't shelve well, so you don't see them here. Several "adult games" aren't visible because they are behind bigger ones; for example, Lost Cities and San Juan are hiding behind Ra and Seaferers of Catan is behind Power grid. Lastly, the children's games that I don't like are kept in the basement, where I keep hoping that my daughter forgets about them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patha
United States
Bay area
California
flag msg tools
mb
whoa... is that really Vasel's gaming collection??!! Amazing!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Subject: Show us your game collections!!

I would, but I think I'd deserve beads for doing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mosse Stenström
Finland
Porvoo
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's mine as it stood a month or so ago. A couple of more games have arrived since then...

http://www.imosse.net/index.php?s=photo&g=game&p=8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Top image: Lounge pile: Games that we play most.
Bottom image: Hallway: Games that are played every now and again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
I need to rethink my game shelf since I've moved (in November), This is the top shelf of my walk in closet. But I'd like to store them vertically on some bookshelves in my office, unfortunately, my office is pretty full of some stuff we need to get rid of. But anyway, I want to play. So here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janet Linsey
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to show a photo, but going to keep it simple and describe my new storage shelf for small games, card games, etc. I got a Sauder CD/DVD shelf (#400525 Multimedia Storage Tower). It's about 4' high, 11" wide and 6" deep with 6 adjustable shelves. The bottom panel is a few inches deeper than the others and sticks out in the front for stability. It fit our whole collection of small games, but they do make similar larger ones for geeks with big collections.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
melissa wrote:
Nice socks, Jeremy

I was impressed with that shot as well. My favorite is the "My Head is exploding" shot though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Johnston
United States
Marietta
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My most played games my wife and I keep in this wooden chest that doubles as a coffee table. It only fits about 12-13 games in it, so as our collection has increased I've had to store the extras in other places, but atleast when theres company sitting in our living room we just open the chest right up and play on top of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
neoshmengi wrote:
Thanks for the help everyone. I have posted my collection under my profile. I have overflowed from my first game bookcase!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/neoshmengi

I also have a travel set of mostly card games that fit into a poker chip case. There are lots of games that benefit from chips!

Where is the Tichu deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy crap, Christopher! Two of those shelves look like they're about to go. I'm currently using a closet like you and I'm beginning to worry about the "stress test" with several heavies like Axis and Allies, Twilight Imperium, Pirate's Cove, Memoir '44, Game of Thrones...

Think I'm going to look into an Armoire soon, but with a lock....2 year olds LOVE to stick their paws into bits-laden game boxes!

wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.