Subject: Sission Report 10 March 2006 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
. . . or just let me nibble your soul . . . .
badge
Electra Bellum. Electra Gloriosum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Present:

Stephanie B
Stephanie L
Patrick
Rompcat

The Precis:

Stephanie L and Patrick, never having played diceland, seemed overwhelmed and glassy when we dumped all 60 dice onto the table. Stephanie B and I helped parse out some good teams to learn 'em by.

At first, Patrick and Stephanie were slightly disengaged, but, faster than most introduced games, both Patrick and Stephanie were whipping their heads around the dice on the table looking at the different sides and plotting their next attack.

The game slowed down when Patrick and Stephanie L started getting into it -- but not the slow of the bored. . . the slow of people into this game and wanting to bash the dice around in clever ways!

Patrick, playing the "Extra Space" team, came to an early lead and laid out his sphere first (it only got killed in the endgame, staying out on the table for an unheard-of 25 minutes!). With 22 points and the rest of us in the low teens, Patrick was the one to beat...

I got some cloaked and dodging Urlalqualaialai out on the table, and threw the commander, which vaulted me to a position in the low thirties, and the game was on. Stephanie L, ever a quick learner and plotter, pulled a coup with her Drone squad and Decimator, wiped out a few key dice (to the detriment of Stephanie B, who just threw out her 12 point carrier on a weak side.. . that die needs to be "fixed" somehow!), and matched Patrick and myself in the forties toward the end of the game.

Stephanie B languished still with her Garthan team in the mid teens.

The last round, I couldn't score any points, but had the ability to tip the game so that either Patrick or Stephanie L would win. I blasted away at Patrick, removing his powerful Extra Space fighter on it's strongest side, thus allowing Stephanie L to take her first-play win. I wasn't going to be spending the night with Patrick. Thought it would be best to have the paramour snag the win!

ENJOY ALL YOUR PLAYS!

Rompcat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Garthan Supercarrier is thrown on side one then maneuver it to a stronger side...it goes from side one to side six in one flip with blocks back up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.