Subject: Strategy for All? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris J
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
. . . or just let me nibble your soul . . . .
badge
Electra Bellum. Electra Gloriosum.
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know if this is a true strategy, as it affects all players equally, but our group has discovered that spreading a nice white sheet over the playing surface greatly enhances this game. A well-shellaqued table promotes way too much slide and slickeriness, while a be-sheeted table allows for good tumble.

Additionally, when you move and damange, it's much easier not to push around all those dastardly dice and just flip em!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, some sort of cloth is a must. Otherwise, the dice are much harder to keep on the table and rarely roll. The cloth also makes it much easier to rotate the dice, for either movement or damage, without accidentally sliding them. Plus, a softer surface should help keep the corners of your dice in good shape.

I use a big sheet of craft felt. (about 3 mm thick) It gives the perfect amount of friction: properly thrown dice stay on the table, but they will still roll a fair bit upon landing if spun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the rules actually suggest using a tablecoth if you're going to be playing on a table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.