Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Petty
United States
Lapeer
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
We played two games of No Thanks! to wrap up our first game day at the Gallery Grind.

I just bought this Z-Man release after reading so many raves about it. I knew the rules before I purchased it and I even played a quick game using some Take Six cards awhile back. I hoped after playing it some more I'd see the thrill in the game. Unfortunately nothing really jumps out at me.

William, Jason and Matt played this with me. They all seemed to be having a blast. William took many cards and almost won both games due to the huge number of chips he collected.

In the second game I rejected almost every card and someone else was happy to take them. By the last card, though, I ran out of chips and had to take the 33.

After reading the rules, I felt like the only unknown in this game would be which 9 cards were pulled out. Therefore, any tough choice really boils down to that--which won't be known of course. I was hoping to see something else to it, but after playng that's about it. Pure guessing and waiting just don't add up to tension for me, so this isn't a favorite filler. It's so short and appealing to others, though, that I'm glad ot have it on hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.